• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fifa 19 Thread - yay, a card game on the telly!

I think this Fifa is the best Fifa in ages, 10 times better than last years. The shooting is fine once you get used to it. The pace thing is a bit silly in terms of it's realism but it is to stop people spamming players with 90 plus pace on the online modes, makes build up play and passing more important.

Just played two games since the patch and it is fucking absolutely awful, the ball was literally running through my players and going to the opposition, his slow players were faster than mine, tackling doesn't work anymore and all of my passes went to the opposition. I'm not very good but I'm not that fucking bad.

The fast players being caught by slower ones seems to vary from game to game for me. I've gone from one squad battle with Nathan Redmond skinning everyone, to then not being able to beat an egg with Eden Hazard in the next.

I'm also still waiting for them to update the generic awful Wolves player faces before I start my career mode.

If they have addressed High Fucking Pressure my dreams have come true. Fed up of losing to it, players shouldn't able to press for 90 mins solid.

I think this Fifa is the best Fifa in ages, 10 times better than last years. The shooting is fine once you get used to it. The pace thing is a bit silly in terms of it's realism but it is to stop people spamming players with 90 plus pace on the online modes, makes build up play and passing more important.

Pretty much agree aside from high pressure. One click of a button ruining games for me.

I think a lot of the issues are over exxagerated.

Edit: doesn't count as irony :icon_lol:

definitely don't see this as an improvement. 1 step forward 2 steps back.

find myself enjoying playing less and less, even as I'm getting better results now that i'm used to the new play style. feels like a chore. last year had its problems but at least it felt fun.

If they have addressed High Fucking Pressure my dreams have come true. Fed up of losing to it, players shouldn't able to press for 90 mins solid.

They haven't, didn't have a second on the ball in the two games I played earlier.

Half of the Wolves team have turned bald in kickoff mode. Common occurrence in career mode too apparently.

They haven't, didn't have a second on the ball in the two games I played earlier.

I'm not saying it should be nerfed to hell and not work cuz it's a valid tactic IRL. But not for 90 mins. Some people argue that players get tired but I don't seem to notice, still swamp me for 90 mins.

the resemblance is uncanny, I didn't realize wolves got unique models

So the UCL packs are back again. What did you guys get? My notable pulls are Navas, Verratti and Kroos

Another massive bug, whenever you play certain formations ie: 352 the CAM constantly moves to left back when you don't have the ball. Also if you're playing this position in 11v11 or career be a pro, you're constantly marked down for being out of position. Explains why Fekir who is my best player was constantly never in the right position and ended up completely knackered after 50 minutes. Because the game has him pegging it to left back every time you lose the ball.

definitely don't see this as an improvement. 1 step forward 2 steps back.

find myself enjoying playing less and less, even as I'm getting better results now that i'm used to the new play style. feels like a chore. last year had its problems but at least it felt fun.
This sums it up perfectly for me. I’m winning games but it isn’t fun. Massive step backwards for me.

I've changed to the supposide 41212 formation and I've won 6 out of 8 in Rivals. My side was the same with other formations. So that formation is a god one.

Lads, if you are struggling with the gameplay this year, it's probably the new Tactical Defending setting causing the problems. EA redesigned the defending on FIFA this year, and I'm not sure it's a success. I need to practice more with it, but I found players were just making silly lunges or upending attackers and there seemed to be a delay in actually making the challenge too. I found it really sluggish to make stand tackles and felt players backed off too much, so just changed it back to Legacy Defending.

Go into Customisation in the main menu > Settings > Gameplay Settings. Change Tactical Defending to Legacy Defending.
Also, you might wanna consider turning on active switching to high. I have it on low so the players I auto switch carry on running in the direction they were running in already, as usually if I switch them, I'm hammering the L button in another direction as I'm still controlling the last player. Auto switch helps by giving you a few secs to adjust to the new player you just switched to.

Changing both these settings helped improve gameplay by restoring defending to the same feel as older FIFA's.

Back