• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fifa 19 Thread - yay, a card game on the telly!

I'm Division 6, last game last night did my head in. 0-0 draw but I absolutely battered him, 11 shots with 7 on target (and Salah hit the post when through one on one) to his 2 shots and one goal. I'll keep plugging away in Division 6 as I seem to be getting a bit better at the game on the whole.

Just packed Vela TOTW as well as Alisson yesterday. Sold Alisson for 30k just but may hold onto Vela as the decent TOTW cards seem to be going up in value.

Just playing my third Squad Battle match out of four, winning 2-0 and playing well against a really good side when a message pops up saying ‘EA Servers Unable to Process Your Request’ and I get booted from FUT. Log back in to a 3-0 defeat, what the fuck is all that about? That really pissed me off as I was closing in on Elite as well.

Just won my first ever FUT champions game 4-0. So I'm off the mark straight away. 5 more wind to my 6 win target left.

Just packed Alli, think I’ll see what happens to his and Verratti’s prices over the weekend as one will go, Verratti is already going up so he may well get sold and I’ll convert Alli to a CM.

I built an 83 rated squad last night, in case they drop a scream card SBC that just needs an 83 rated, mediocre chemistry squad again. Managed to get an 83 GK for 750, and an 83 CB for 750 on bid

Will SBC's come at 6pm if there's any?

Think so, I’ve just been stocking up on cheap 83s and 84s. Hopefully the prices appreciate rapidly tonight.

I haven’t bought fifa yet but probably will soon (I’m on PS4). I’m terrible at putting squads together on FUT though. Div 2 usually ends up being my level with enough time. Is there a massive difference this year? Noticed some people moaning

Division 2 isn't terrible, it's tough to get into Division 2 on FUT unless you play a lot and get pretty good. There's not a massive difference in the game play - there's tweaks and additions here and there - I massively prefer this game to 18.

Personally think it's way better than 18 too

This game can be a disgrace at times. I was 1-0 up with 3 minutes left and destroyed my opponent, he put two balls into the box having only been in my box twice all game and overhead kicked them in to won 2-1. I was close to putting my TV in as well as going round next door and putting his TV in as well.

Overhead kicks are stupidly over powered in the game.

Played 5. Won 1 lost 4 - this is not going well.

Reddit's advice is if you lose your first few, stick at it. Think the matchmaking changes as you go.

Some of the losses I have taken have not been close games...

Hopefully it starts matching me up a bit better now as my last game was the win

if you lose a few in a row it's time to take a break.

Just had my best DR game yet, came up against someone with a pretty decent side and it started like I was going to get a right tanking, he peppered off four shots in the first ten minutes and I couldn't get near him and was expecting a real battering. Won a corner on ten minutes and scored and just hoped to hold onto it but some piss poor defending five minutes later and Payet equalised, it was then a pure onslaught until half time. Second half was a completely different story and Marcelo, Sane, Lucas and Salah just wrecked him out wide, he was playing primarily through the middle with hardly any width and I was getting behind him at will. Kane bagged a hattrick and I had two disallowed and hit the bar twice plus two cleared off the line. He resorted to skill moves through the middle with Zlatan and was shooting from anywhere and it became really comfortable in the end, ended up 4-1 to me.

I'm nearing the very giddy heights of Rank II in Division 6, the end of days is upon us.

Love it. I can't play without width. Need an outlet at all times ha

Won the next one as well 4-2, it was way more one sided than it sounds. 17 shots 11 on target for me 4 shots 2 on target for them, I defended like a bastard and he caught me out with two through balls but he just couldn't handle me all over the pitch. Got to be the most successful tackles I've ever made in a match, really enjoyed that one. And I've just snuck into Rank II, think I'll keep on playing with a 4-1-0 record in my last five and it looks like the practice is finally paying off. I even beat a World Class team in single player Divisions earlier 3-0 without really breaking sweat.

Player prices are rising as well, Salah and de Gea have gone mental and Verratti is picking up nicely. Could make nearly 200k profit selling what first team squad I can at the moment, Salah is really tempting but I've learned how to use him now and I'd rather have the card than the cash. If things pick up over the weekend (which it looks like they are) and I can empty 50% of my transfer list then Kante's on his way.

Back