• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

We have Jägermeister here. 😂

Wretched stuff, but that’s also me told tbf.

https://bnn.network/sports/football...-a-case-study-of-tech-interference-in-sports/ Germany
https://theathletic.com/3586000/2022/09/12/juventus-milik-var-serie-a/ Italy
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23810882/porto-match-replayed-referee-phone-var/ Portugal (demanding a game is replayed! Reminds me of Klopp)

I could go on, but feels ridiculous arguing against such a ridiculous, misinformed argument. I am actually happy if you want to tell me VAR can work, you like the concept, but the idea there isn't a serious backlash and serious failings of this technology in Europe and all around the world, is simply a misinformed lie.
Total, unadulterated, utter nonsense.

Tbh I'd rather have the mistakes than the failure to correct the mistakes or the finding things that aren't there like the Utd goal today. We'd still have been done over 4 times this season, but it wouldn't make me feel anywhere near as angry as knowing someone is watching it and going yep that looks fine.

Tbh I'd rather have the mistakes than the failure to correct the mistakes or the finding things that aren't there like the Utd goal today.
That ball likely isn't out. We had this in the World Cup with Japan too. That angle gives you clear ground to see between ball and line, but from the angle that's level with the goal line the edge of the ball could easily be and probably is over the line.

Tbh I'd rather have the mistakes than the failure to correct the mistakes or the finding things that aren't there like the Utd goal today. We'd still have been done over 4 times this season, but it wouldn't make me feel anywhere near as angry as knowing someone is watching it and going yep that looks fine.
Confirmation bias post?

I doubt that’s over the line from above. The forensic analysis of the rest was tedious

Nope, it's worse than I thought it would be. I thought it would kill the spontaneity of the game. I naively thought it would get to the correct decisions. It's managed to do the one without the other
Yes then.

That ball likely isn't out. We had this in the World Cup with Japan too. That angle gives you clear ground to see between ball and line, but from the angle that's level with the goal line the edge of the ball could easily be and probably is over the line.
If there's another angle, I'm not watching, then fair enough, but from that it would need to have to be the size of a basketball for the circumstance to be over the line

If there's another angle, I'm not watching, then fair enough, but from that it would need to have to be the size of a basketball for the circumstance to be over the line
Virtually identical example:

Ball looks out:

i.jpeg

Ball is actually just in:

i (1).jpeg

But it did get to a decision.
It did. Fortunately they didn’t spend additional 4 minutes trying to work out which was last ricochet from Joelinton and Gabriel and then where the ball was in relation to Gordon and just wrote it off. Think the initial header was a clear cut decision that didn’t need so many looks.

It did. Fortunately they didn’t spend additional 4 minutes trying to work out which was last ricochet from Joelinton and Gabriel and then where the ball was in relation to Gordon and just wrote it off. Think the initial header was a clear cut decision that didn’t need so many looks.
Fair. I'd agree with that.

Tbh I'd rather have the mistakes than the failure to correct the mistakes or the finding things that aren't there.
Agreed, at least the ref only has one view, makes a decision and that's it. With VAR we have minutes of standing about in every game only for the wrong decision to be regularly reached every week.

So we have less spontaneous moments and incorrect decisions, feels like a lose/lose situation (and don't say its the people not the tech, the introduction of a video review = time and therefore slows the pace and reduces the fun).

Back