• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

I'm having nobody bad mouth our Johnny. I'd pay VIP ticket (Meet and Greet with photo) for his after dinner speeches.
Does this mean I get a retroactive ban?

I was a STH until I emigrated this year. I made the it’s the refs argument, and I stand by it. The technology isn’t inherently wrong and corrupt. The Morons operating it certainly are regularly the first and leave themselves wide open to accusation of the second.

Not doubting that my friend, just usually those arguments never come from fans with STs.
I don't think that's the case here. Johnny is a STH, Paddy was until pretty recently, they are both in the user issue camp. I'm one as is Aiki who take an alternative view. I do think those who watch games on TV see it as part of the entertainment more than those who go and are largely left in the dark as to what is going on. Pretty sure someone said that earlier on this thread although I wouldn't say that's the general view of those on here

It's easy to get more things correct when you are marking your own homework. The study put up earlier is one on VAR in general, not in the PL and therefore not what Webb refers to when he says they are getting more decisions correct. The Luton penalty was the correct decision according to him, so I'm not surprised standards are improving in his eyes
I didn't say anything about Webb. It was about VAR in general.

They are getting more decisions correct. The study shows that those decisions are not subjective but objective.

The fact remains the decisions made are more likely to be correct than before the introduction off VAR.

Unless of course you want your own facts in which case we're in flat earth territory and not believing experts.

I don't think the system is perfect at all but scrapping it is completely wrong imo.

I was a STH until I emigrated this year. I made the it’s the refs argument, and I stand by it. The technology isn’t inherently wrong and corrupt. The Morons operating it certainly are regularly the first and leave themselves wide open to accusation of the second.
I would argue you can't separate the technology of VAR from referees. The technology of VAR is essentially just pictures. These pictures will just be interpreted by a different referee. There is one tech fail point for VAR and that is frame rates, we can not be exactly sure the release point of a pass which makes "offsides" over MMs absolutely stupid to rule out.

In cricket, you have "umpires call", but in football (at the moment) are are pretending that there is always a "correct" decision.

I would argue you can't separate the technology of VAR from referees. The technology of VAR is essentially just pictures. These pictures will just be interpreted by a different referee. There is one tech fail point for VAR and that is frame rates, we can not be exactly sure the release point of a pass which makes "offsides" over MMs absolutely stupid to rule out.

In cricket, you have "umpires call", but in football (at the moment) are are pretending that there is always a "correct" decision.
I'd love for you to elaborate on this.

I don't think that's the case here. Johnny is a STH, Paddy was until pretty recently, they are both in the user issue camp. I'm one as is Aiki who take an alternative view. I do think those who watch games on TV see it as part of the entertainment more than those who go and are largely left in the dark as to what is going on. Pretty sure someone said that earlier on this thread.
That's the bit that could be improved on and I have no idea why they don't play the incident out over the screens in the stadia. It's not as if it's a big secret.

Oh my God, there's a cute graphic and everything.

I don't think that's the case here. Johnny is a STH, Paddy was until pretty recently, they are both in the user issue camp. I'm one as is Aiki who take an alternative view. I do think those who watch games on TV see it as part of the entertainment more than those who go and are largely left in the dark as to what is going on. Pretty sure someone said that earlier on this thread.
I think this is a really good point. Because I don’t go to the games currently due to circumstances, when VAR gets involved, on TV you see what they’re looking at etc. it does add to the intrigue and theatre, so to speak. If you’re sat in the ground, you’re just waiting and don’t even know what they’re Looking at half the time.

The argument could be then for them to put everything on the screens and play the conversations - again, this could cause more issues with crowds etc?

It's cute you won't engage on any of the points it makes because it doesn't suit your agenda. You try and mock because I am correct.

Cute.

The semi automated version is infinitely more precise than a single FX6 which is currently used in the PL.

I have no idea why the PL do not insist on its use.

Even 2 cameras would be better (offset frame rates).

But people are dreaming if they think a single human is better than the current or automated system.

The semi automated version is infinitely more precise than a single FX6 which is currently used in the PL.

I have no idea why the PL do not insist on its use.

Even 2 cameras would be better (offset frame rates).

But people are dreaming if they think a single human is better than the current or automated system.
I'm with you on semi-automated or the dual cameras piece.

I'd still bin VAR but that's because I don't feel it has improved the game.

It's cute you won't engage on any of the points it makes because it doesn't suit your agenda. You try and mock because I am correct.

Cute.
You're reading a lot into that.

Question, though. Why are VAR cameras running at 50fps? They're taking in a digital feed; there's no reason for them to be limited by the PAL broadcast standard, I'd have thought.

You're reading a lot into that.

Question, though. Why are VAR cameras running at 50fps? They're taking in a digital feed; there's no reason for them to be limited by the PAL broadcast standard, I'd have thought.
If we are going to rule goals out over millimetres (which I believe is totally ridiculous), then you are right using the 50pfs is ridiculous. And considering goals are currently being ruled out over millimetres, scandalous.

Back