• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup

I always say The Cup's an unnecessary distraction when your pushing for promotion.

I remember a cracking 2-2 Stoke Wolves FA Cup tie I think the year we got to the semis against Spurs. That was in the days that we had cup runs.
At least when we lose we can focus on finishing lower mid table.

A tie with very few redeeming features. Winnability is pretty damn low unless they have an off day. The fact it is reasonably local means they will be up for it, reducing the chance of their off day. Groups of our knuckleheads and their brain dead will be relishing the chance to face off against each other. Horrid.

We just won't. Their reserves are infinitely better than our first team.

Clubs from below the premier league do win against top division teams. It happens every year, and it is what makes the cup so special. Go there and give it a go and who knows what will happen.

See the above post for why it can happen.

So you are saying that inferior teams never beat superior teams. I suggest you look at some FA Cup results over the years.

Well personally, I'm looking forward to it. My boss is Wolverhampton born and bred, but ridiculously, is a Stoke season ticket supporter.

Whenever Wolves play Stoke there's always a lot of banter and such thrown around beforehand (already started this morning in the office) - so fingers crossed we can cause an upset.

It'll be hard, though. Stoke have a strong squad and the majority of their reserves (Peter Crouch, Glenn Whelan, Charlie Adam, Ramadan Sobhi etc) would walk in to our starting 11.

I've got loads of Stoke supporting mates and i can only see us getting beat comprehensively.

Its going to be a grim few days.

I shall be going to this, should be a good game without the pressure of a relegation scrap on the players shoulders.

Should be a good match. If Wolves can take this to replay its doubtful those highly skilled players at Stoke would fancy a Tuesday night game in the bitter cold of Wolverhampton against a home team of long ball merchants. Culture shock.

Allocation of 4600 for the Stoke game and just 500 are left.

Whichever lineup each team chooses, 1st team, second team or any combination of those, Stoke should cruise to victory..........but I've just got an inkling...........maybe an inkle

We might be able to cause their defence a few problems but they'll just have too much for us in attack, even if they start with their second string.

An impressive response from the Wolves fans though.

My ticket arrived in todays post

Back