• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup: semi final draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have to do anything.

I'm not having this argument with you again because it doesn't matter what I say.

Look.

You like facts. I understand but stop this right now.

Record against top 6 w2 d3 l3
Our record against the bottom 6 w 3 d1 l 4

So we have done about as well against the top sides as we have the bottom and you say its bollocks? Come on. We have only a few gripes about this wonderful season. Huddersfield defeats are stand out. To fuck up once against them is an off day. Twice is more than that. Add that to defeats by Cardiff and Brighton even if they were a bit of selkf destruct and you cannot argue its bollocks. In the cup we nearly lost to Shrewsbury yet convincingly beat Liverpool and Man Utd. With respect, on this your argument does not stack up. No hocus locus, hoodoo or other. Just stats.

That's why we need to win at Burnley.

I agree. Anything less than 114 points is not good enough. 108 might be acceptable if we lose every 13th game though.

We have got 1 more point against the bottom sides than the top sides in the same number of matches.

Hmmm.

Fine lines as we can't count Palace (3 points) but we can count Brighton (0 points) even though they have the same number of points and Brighton have a game in hand. But obviously there you go, we're ok if a team is 14th at some arbitrary point in the season, not 15th. Crazy stuff, man.

(Ignore where Newcastle and West Ham were when we beat them away too as that doesn't fit the narrative)

Fine lines as we can't count Palace (3 points) but we can count Brighton (0 points) even though they have the same number of points and Brighton have a game in hand. But obviously there you go, we're ok if a team is 14th at some arbitrary point in the season, not 15th. Crazy stuff, man.

(Ignore where Newcastle and West Ham were when we beat them away too as that doesn't fit the narrative)
Brighton were also mid table when they beat us. Sat 1 point behind us after the game.

dammit cyber if you keep this up you're paying extra to get into the VIP box

Result aside, we played really well against Brighton.

As has been said a million and one times before, by and large it's a style we have an issue with, notably teams sitting deep and putting 10 men behind the ball, be that by flooding the midfield or filling the back line. By and large the teams towards the bottom of the league employ that style, hence the struggle. We lost to Huddersfield twice because on neither occasion could we cope with their in your face style and closing down of space in their half, should have been able to but couldn't. That's why we lost not because of their league position.

Hopefully Cardiff is the start of Nuno recognising and fixing that.

I dont think Collymore says we’re crap against bottom teams. He says we could have got more points and therefore would have been amongst the top 6. This is correct is it not?

We could have got more points, and that is what has amongst the best of the rest rather than amongst the best.

As has been said a million and one times before, by and large it's a style we have an issue with, notably teams sitting deep and putting 10 men behind the ball, be that by flooding the midfield or filling the back line. By and large the teams towards the bottom of the league employ that style, hence the struggle. We lost to Huddersfield twice because on neither occasion could we cope with their in your face style and closing down of space in their half, should have been able to but couldn't. That's why we lost not because of their league position.

Hopefully Cardiff is the start of Nuno recognising and fixing that.

That I can completely agree with. Disimissing it as bollocks , however will get a response. I just took the top 6 and bottom six as they stood. I could not go further as we are 7th and would not have wanted too as it misses the point.

We know we have the best record against the top 6/ sky 6 big six of any team outside of them thats not in dispute or question. Lets look at those teams we compete with for 7th then against the bottom 6 today of Cardiff, Huddersfield, Fulham, Brighton, Southampton and Burnley.(you are pretty much where you should be in the table after this many games)

Watford- Against these 6 currently their record is 5-3-0 so 18 points
Bournemouth- 5-1-3 Losses to Burnley Cardiff and Brighton and thats despite Bournemouth being in dog shit form.16 points
Leicester 6-3-1 and they sacked Puel! 21 points
West Ham- 6-2-3 20 points
Palace 5-2-3 they were doubled by Brighton- 17 points
Us 3-1-4 10 points

some people should stop pissing on my head and telling me its raining.:D

Now lets put it to bed. The facts speak for themselves. Its the only thing that is obvious that we should look to improve on. Of course we will lose games. The best in the world lose games. We should , however look to improve on those performances and more points in the return games that we have against Burnley, Southampton,Fulham and Brighton to improve our current record would demonstrate that .

We've won 12 out of 30 league games in our first season back which is ace. I don't care which teams we haven't beaten.

If I can get 500 for my semi/final ticket should we get there it's gone. Silly money! *awaits plastic fan title*

Someone who is part of a Watford supporters club that apparently work close with the club - is saying they have an allocation of 33k and have been given the West side of Wembley.

Confirmed 4pm on the Sunday - on BT.

Someone who is part of a Watford supporters club that apparently work close with the club - is saying they have an allocation of 33k and have been given the West side of Wembley.

he was correct

Watford (West) v Wolverhampton Wanderers (East)

They felt obliged to email everyone yesterday and say "we will sort it out, calm down" which no doubt was in response to thousands of stupid tweets.

Anyway:

BBC get first pick and I think they will go City. a) I don't think they've shown any of their games so far this season b) they prefer to show games on a Saturday, primetime if they can.

Everton vs Arsenal is on Sky at 2.05 on the Sunday and that is the only English game that day scheduled for TV coverage. So avoid a clash that would be easily preventable and both Sky and BT get their viewing figures (assuming they still care about that kind of thing in 2019).

So my prediction (probably wrong) is that we will be on BT Sport with a 4pm kickoff.

#justsayin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back