• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup: semi final draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
never been to the new wembley. I might have mentioned.

giphy.gif

Views are generally excellent - although I am definitely avoiding the couple of £40 rows right at the front as you will see nothing up the other end. Facilities are good (although the food is abominably expensive - I mean ridiculously so). But the old place had soul. This grand edifice is very pretty to look at, but just not the same.

The old place was a piss stained hovel with the worst sightlines known to man.

Anyone who buys food in a ground (especially Wembley) has more money than sense anyway :)

But it had SOUL.

I agree totally about the sightlines though!

No way on earth am I paying the in-ground prices at Wembley. I seem to remember hot dogs being approaching a fucking tenner.

I kept getting sand in my face at the Sherpa Van so as iconic as the Stadium was, that can fook off.

Will do any eating/drinking away from the Stadium. Think I can survive a couple of hours without the desire to spend £6 on a burger and £9 on a plastic cup filled with piss.

I don't care!!! the old Wembley was Wembley, the new place is smart, efficient, great views,fucking expensive, and for me (as an oldie) not the place for a final. frankly it's a SEMI final and hearing everyone crowing we are going to Wembley, leaves me a little subdued. If the semi finals are at Wembley the final should be on the moon.

Having been to Wembley several times over the last few years (for the NFL), it's a good stadium for seating and views unless you are low down in the bottom tier. But yeah don't buy any food! Horrendous tiny trays of dry chips and chicken dipper things for about £6. Scandalous.

The vans/stalls along Olympic Way and outside the stadium aren't much better either for quality/price. You're better off going to one of the fast food places along the main road. Or Maccys which is right next to it as well. That's always absolutely rammed on matchdays though.

Thankfully inside they've now gotten rid of the 250ml bottles of piss weak Carslberg and have pint glasses of Budweiser. IIRC it is £5.50 a pint. Might be a quid more for cider. My memory is crap!

The SF's shouldn't be at Wembley. We have enough stadiums big enough to use like we did but the FA have decided it needs the money so they are. It does add a little excitement to day though. Certainly feels better to say I'm off to Wembley than, say, Villa Park

Hoping our 130/140 points will get me and my boys tickets, only been to Wembley twice, once old, once new but never for football. Went to the old Wembley for the World Speedway final in about 1974? and the new un about 8 years ago to see Metallica

Wembley several times from 1974 to the nineties including a cup final in 1980 and numerous England games but never the new stadium. Cardiffs millennium stadium for the play off finals was the last time I got near to a national stadium.

So those saying about the lower tier, we want to avoid the inner parts of numbers 101 to 144 kinda thing? Cheers

Literally just the little yellow stripe at the front. It is the £40 price rather than £50 for a reason.

Ahhh those. OK cheers. I didn't even notice that strip of yellow heh

Interesting - Chiltern are running a special timetable on the match day to "allow for extra demand for trains from those attending the sporting event at Wembley".

Pretty clear they want us to hit Brum and go into Marylebone while Watford head in on the Euston line then, but there seems to be a prospect of extra trains maybe.

Club Wembley tickets sold quickly this afternoon for the Wolves end of the ground. Tickets are still for sale stating Wolves areas but not showing where, whereas earlier they were showing the area and seat numbers. At least EUR 85 more expensive too.

I wouldn't touch that, as those secondary marketing sites are going to really fucking struggle to source the tickets as we get the lot outside Club Wembley and we WILL sell out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back