• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup: semi final draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should buy the next season ticket for Mike!

I've practically paid for 30% of next seasons ST already! :)

But I've had exceptional value for money.

Plus, I got to sit with you in the London.

I spoke to someone who went to the play off final at Cardiff over the weekend. They paid £250 off a tout for a ticket
Also I priced flights up from the USA for the semi final weekend, currently running at about $1500 from Atlanta to London should I be lucky enough to bag a ticket

Good lord that much?? I was pricing tickets at only $500 from DC.

were those 250 tickets any good? I'd like to get best seats possible, not flying out for some nosebleeds. 250 seems about right if they were good.

were those 250 tickets any good? I'd like to get best seats possible, not flying out for some nosebleeds. 250 seems about right if they were good.

Cardiff was 16 years ago with more tickets for the clubs than the FA Cup final gets. You'd be looking at around £500 for cheap seats from an online site I'd have thought. Could probably get less from a tout 10 mins before kick off, but that's obviously one hell of a gamble for you

Pretty much yes price from Atlanta to London always run high for some reason. That and it being a main delta hub also

Actually, just remembered I bought you a drink at the last game.
Lemme use your ticket, and we'll call it quits eh? :icon_wink:

You missed out on me getting a couple of rounds on Saturday. Emptied my rewards card and another £15!

Don't think I'll be able to make the semi but there's a queue for my supporter number already.

Cardiff was 16 years ago with more tickets for the clubs than the FA Cup final gets. You'd be looking at around £500 for cheap seats from an online site I'd have thought. Could probably get less from a tout 10 mins before kick off, but that's obviously one hell of a gamble for you

Nope.

You can buy Club Wembley seats officially for £329+VAT.

I actually paid £250 for a play off final ticket. Was in the very top row of the stadium. it was the only way I could get a ticket after the club gave out vouchers to the queue at the ticket office that allowed people to 2 tickets per person. Nearly all of those tickets got sold on Ebay (could still do thatthen) at about 10 times face value.

Have to say, it was worth every penny.

Typically, all the rail routes in from the west have engineering Saturday night into Sunday, making it really difficult to get to London any earlier than 12.15 (not a lot of drinking time if 2pm kickoff. Think Parkin and I will be driving to Woking early doors, then training it in the rest of the way. Much earlier arrival, so time for proper sesh. Have to stay in Woking Sunday night before driving back next day.

Things we do for love of our team!

Have never seen us win an FA cup semi, last one I got to was Highbury replay against Spurs. Mind, never seen us lose at Wembley either.

Depends how much people are prepared to pay.

efbed1fa1be439a649539e50376a4db5.jpg

Stan Collymore on Wolves and winning the Cup

I have C&P'd it rather than make you all suffer the shit ad show that is the Daily Mirror website

Stan Collymore: Why Wolves are the only side who can stop Man City winning FA Cup
Nuno Espirito Santo's side reached the FA Cup semi-final for the first time since 1998 after beating Man Utd 2-1

Back in the old Nottingham Forest days, Stuart Pearce knew the importance of getting the lads together for nights out.
He’d organise trips to Madness concerts and make sure everyone stopped off at the local Army and Navy Store for a pair of Doc Martens on the way.
He knew how vital it was to build an atmosphere at the club and a dressing-room in which everyone trusted each other.
And he knew that having a bit of fun and a bit of banter was key to getting that done.
I look at Wolves now and see the same sort of old-school dressing-room we had at the City Ground.

You can see the players believe in each other and will fight for each other, and it’s kudos to Nuno Espirito Santo, his backroom staff and players themselves for that.
Nuno has a smile that suggests it can be good fun on the training ground but there’s a spikiness and edge about him, too, that will leave his men under no illusions over who is in charge.

The overseas lads — Ruben Neves, Raul Jimenez, Diogo Jota, Joao Moutinho and Rui Patricio, in particular — have earned plenty of plaudits and understandably so.
But don’t underestimate the importance of Conor Coady, Ryan Bennett and Matt Doherty in what they have achieved this season and before it.
Coady and Doherty have been at the club for several years now, and their roles in helping the foreign players find the right areas to live, the right places to relax and the right schools to send their children to will have been a huge help in them settling in so quickly.

It’s not easy to build a team spirit like that and get everyone pulling together, but at Wolves it’s obviously something they have done well.
That doesn’t happen just by magic, it’s down to good management and recruitment, and I see both at Molineux.
I said a few weeks ago that Wolves could win the FA Cup and after the quarter-finals they are the only team left in the competition capable of beating Manchester City.

I’m not writing off Watford, who they meet in the semis, because in some ways Wolves would probably have been better off facing City next.
But just as Watford could beat Wolves on their day, Wolves can beat Watford on theirs and they do have a real chance of crowning their season.
It hasn’t been all plain sailing with a few little wobbles along the way this season and Nuno will have to learn from those.

Certainly, they could have taken more points from teams down at the bottom and had they done so they could have been challenging for the Europa League.
But they have at least given everyone a strong message about how they play and it’s not just by trying to be City Lite.

They have had a look at counter-attacking and other systems that work against teams who have a lot of possession, which I like, and with the experience of a year in the Premier League they will only get better next season.

Their aim next year, like this one, is to be the best of the rest and winning the FA Cup would propel them in the right direction for that.

Stan Collymore on Wolves and winning the Cup

I have C&P'd it rather than make you all suffer the shit ad show that is the Daily Mirror website

The only comment that I would take exception to is that our aim next season is to be the best of the rest - next season we should be looking to break up the top 6 cartel

Certainly, they could have taken more points from teams down at the bottom and had they done so they could have been challenging for the Europa League.

Gah, not this balls again (notwithstanding that we could well qualify for the Europa League through our league place, and anyone can say that, what if you win every game ever, why, you'd be Champions of the World).

Take away all our points from the top six teams. Say we had the grass illegally long or put a wind machine outside the ground, whatever. That still puts us above SIX teams and we'd probably need one more win to stay up from here. Such utter bollocks.

Yes, we were dire in both games vs Huddersfield but we do NOT have a problem against teams at the bottom of the league. We get bad results/performances now and then like every single other team on the planet.

All comes from that run between Watford & Cardiff. No one can be arsed to double check stuff and then the 2nd defeat to Huddersfield just made everyone go back to what Sky say is true

Gah, not this balls again (notwithstanding that we could well qualify for the Europa League through our league place, and anyone can say that, what if you win every game ever, why, you'd be Champions of the World).

Take away all our points from the top six teams. Say we had the grass illegally long or put a wind machine outside the ground, whatever. That still puts us above SIX teams and we'd probably need one more win to stay up from here. Such utter bollocks.

Yes, we were dire in both games vs Huddersfield but we do NOT have a problem against teams at the bottom of the league. We get bad results/performances now and then like every single other team on the planet.

Look.

You like facts. I understand but stop this right now.

Record against top 6 w2 d3 l3
Our record against the bottom 6 w 3 d1 l 4

So we have done about as well against the top sides as we have the bottom and you say its bollocks? Come on. We have only a few gripes about this wonderful season. Huddersfield defeats are stand out. To fuck up once against them is an off day. Twice is more than that. Add that to defeats by Cardiff and Brighton even if they were a bit of selkf destruct and you cannot argue its bollocks. In the cup we nearly lost to Shrewsbury yet convincingly beat Liverpool and Man Utd. With respect, on this your argument does not stack up. No hocus locus, hoodoo or other. Just stats.

That's why we need to win at Burnley.

Look.

You like facts. I understand but stop this right now.

Record against top 6 w2 d3 l3
Our record against the bottom 6 w 3 d1 l 4

So we have done about as well against the top sides as we have the bottom and you say its bollocks? Come on. We have only a few gripes about this wonderful season. Huddersfield defeats are stand out. To fuck up once against them is an off day. Twice is more than that. Add that to defeats by Cardiff and Brighton even if they were a bit of selkf destruct and you cannot argue its bollocks. In the cup we nearly lost to Shrewsbury yet convincingly beat Liverpool and Man Utd. With respect, on this your argument does not stack up. No hocus locus, hoodoo or other. Just stats.

That's why we need to win at Burnley.

I agree. Anything less than 114 points is not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back