• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

I think Lop's stance was, if he wasn't able to sign players then he wanted to keep players (like Traore and Raul). Club disagreed obviously, but there's two parts to a squad refresh and they ignored the second part until Nunes went.
I think you're right, but I also think Lop doesn't have much of a leg to stand on there.

These players are expensive to keep and he wasn't using them.

I wonder what salary Traore ended up on at Fulham.

He was only on 40k with us wasn't he? But wanted 100k.

He's probably on 60k now I'd imagine.

I think you're right, but I also think Lop doesn't have much of a leg to stand on there.

These players are expensive to keep and he wasn't using them.
Sure, toys well out of the pram by that stage. Still don't blame him. Unless things go further tits up (like we get relegated and fosun leave) I don't think we'll ever get a proper explanation for why Fosun have made the decisions they did these last few months.

Sure, toys well out of the pram by that stage. Still don't blame him. Unless things go further tits up (like we get relegated and fosun leave) I don't think we'll ever get a proper explanation for why Fosun have made the decisions they did these last few months.
Oldish ground but we're paying for the 2020 (Semedo for that money, Hoever and Fabio, selling Jota instead of Adama), 2021 (sacking Nuno and appointing Lage) and 2022 (retaining Lage, signing Guedes) fiascos to a large extent, as well as having to frontload spending into January 2023 because we were bottom of the league. It wasn't a sudden heel turn.

Why we made any of those calls which were all awful is anyone's guess.

And you can add in the Kilman triple whammy (not selling him for a crazy bid, big new contract, captaincy) to this year for nonsense. To a point Doherty too in as much as we've handed someone a three year deal and we know that he isn't even vaguely a proper option in the defensive shape we've now played for ages under four different managers. I know he was free but he isn't sat there on minimum wage, he's a waste of good money.

Last edited:
75426803-0-image-a-14_1694691887853.jpg

Mardy arsed wanker.

Not sure where it came from but my Sporting mate sent me a tweet where Pep was quoted as saying

"He can play in multiple positions. He has special qualities which are so difficult to find... In time he will learn to be more precise in the simple things, the first touch and pass. The way we train and the dynamic we have, he will get it... He has qualities a manager can't dream of."

Personally I still hold no ill will, he had spent preseason improving and working with Lop, then we ditched him and brought in Gary O'Neil.

Personally I still hold no ill will, he had spent preseason improving and working with Lop, then we ditched him and brought in Gary O'Neil.
Strange take on it as majority of people thought he was a c#nt and that included media, pundits, fans, etc.
Not for leaving (that was written on the cards from day one regardless of who was in charge) but how he handled the situation

Strange take on it as majority of people thought he was a c#nt and that included media, pundits, fans, etc.
Not for leaving (that was written on the cards from day one regardless of who was in charge) but how he handled the situation
That's because he was, unnecessary as well as that deal was always going to happen, the club wanted it as much as he did. He'll see in a couple of weeks what the response to that choice is, it'll be different to the meh one he would have got.

Simply untrue, pundits and the like called it disappointing whilst always discussing what a head turning move it would be for him, that is different to the un-needed vitriol from Wolves fans who have since totally written their own narrative about him.

Nunes starts again for Man City against Forest, due to injury to Bernardo Silva.

Collins with an assist for Everton's 3rd goal as well :ROFLMAO:

Makes me feel better about the quality of MLS, at least.

Back