• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

My son's was also the that league but under Jackett, must have gone to 20 games and didn't lose once.

We started the next season pretty well and hadn't lost a home game on a Saturday by early November - I didn't take him midweek at that age. We went to Derby away and got hammered 5-0. Walking away from the ground he asked me if I'd seen us lose before...once or twice son, once or twice.

He's 16 next week and still fucking hates Derby
We only lost to Walsall and McDons all season at home in 2013/14

Nigel Martyn had a fucking stormer in the Bristol Rovers game that was my first defeat. Also saw Chris Coleman and Robbie Earle that season but we didn't do that kind of signing then.

We only lost to Walsall and McDons all season at home in 2013/14

Nigel Martyn had a fucking stormer in the Bristol Rovers game that was my first defeat. Also saw Chris Coleman and Robbie Earle that season but we didn't do that kind of signing then.
Still not sure I've seen a better keeper performance live than Martyn on that Easter Monday, although I may well have a sepia tinged view

The only video I can find:

But I'd happily bet good money he made 20+ saves on the day.

Awful defending on their goal from Dennis "hat trick at Old Trafford" Bailey and I do remember asking my Dad what all the fuss was about when Kenny Hibbitt walked across the pitch as their assistant manager.

We did:

Veno not playing ahead of any of Thommo, Robertson or Streete is a scandal and that could be the most one paced midfield of all time.
Early kick off. We zoomed over and watched Everton’s 3pm ko on the way home. They beat Newcastle 4-0.

Steven Fletcher came on for the last 10 or so at the Racecourse - joining Liam Macalindon. At this point ex wolf Aaron Hayden had already left the field after his sadly customary injury! Other ex wolf Anthony Forde was not in todays Wrexham squad - but loanee Tyler Roberts had a final 5 or so for Donny.

João on as a half time sub for Braga vs Moreirense. Currently losing 2-1.

Back