• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

Does he still have knees? I thought he was perma-crocked at this point.

Fun move, though. Now Americans might know who he is!

* look how quick Mutch looked
* look how slow Robertson looked
* look how nonchalant Dennison's free kick was
* hoof!!

Yeah, we didn't do subtle!

I was only little then and we didn't have season tickets - not that you needed one - as I couldn't go to the midweek games unless it was school holidays, and Dad sometimes had work commitments too. After a year or two we made the decision that if Bully wasn't playing then we wouldn't go as our "tactics" were somewhat lacking if he wasn't there.

I was at that one too! Think I got a special pass as we were on to win the league and Bully was nearing his 50th goal, you can't miss that.

Great night, mates dad got me and him a free ticket (worked for three pines). Nagged me mom for weeks to let me go, wasn't normally allowed to night matches.

IIRC it was a re-arranged fixture from earlier that year, possibly due to cup commitments.

IIRC it was a re-arranged fixture from earlier that year, possibly due to cup commitments.
Would have been them not us then!

Out in the first round of the League Cup (Blues over two legs) and the FA Cup (Grimsby away).

I remember missing this one as my parents said I had to go to some Cubs bullshit.

I haven't forgiven them yet.

I remember missing this one as my parents said I had to go to some Cubs bullshit.

I haven't forgiven them yet.
I missed the Roger Hansbury Sherpa Van game because I had a GCSE French exam the following day, which I spectacularly failed. Went to both Bury games, we got slapped 3 1 there first game of the season from memory

We did:

Veno not playing ahead of any of Thommo, Robertson or Streete is a scandal and that could be the most one paced midfield of all time.

Looking at the season my attendance record (first ever season) was:

Reading W 2-1
Port Vale D 3-3
Wigan W 2-1
Blackpool W 2-1
Southend W 3-0
Huddersfield W 4-1
Preston W 6-0
Mansfield W 6-2
Chester W 3-1
Cardiff W 2-0
Bristol City W 3-0
Fulham W 5-2
Northampton W 3-1
Bolton W 1-0
Bristol Rovers L 0-1
Brentford W 2-0
Torquay L 0-2
Swansea D 1-1
Bristol City W 2-0
Sheff Utd D 2-2

False advertising! I thought that was all normal.

My son's was also the that league but under Jackett, must have gone to 20 games and didn't lose once.

We started the next season pretty well and hadn't lost a home game on a Saturday by early November - I didn't take him midweek at that age. We went to Derby away and got hammered 5-0. Walking away from the ground he asked me if I'd seen us lose before...once or twice son, once or twice.

He's 16 next week and still fucking hates Derby

Back