• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton (H) Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. But neither am I a know nothing cunt. So many pilloried me for at least having a punt on what could happen this year and I have been far. Closer than some of the chosen fucking experts on here. A little acknowledgment rather than constant disrespect and derision might soften my tone.

Honestly, you need to stop worrying about such insignificant things.

If you come out with nonsense, yes, you'll get called out. But if you get lucky with a guess about where a team finishes or who will do the double over who, I wouldn't sit there and expect praise. There are plenty of people in the world and on this forum who'll make a prediction and be utterly miles off. I haven't done any kinda statistical analysis on all of your predictions over the years, but I'd imagine you are wrong just as often as everyone else. No-one is going to get the fireworks out and bow before your incredible ability to predict the future on the 1 in 10 chance you get it right. Especially when you doooo have a bit of a penchant for focusing on the negative. People will react more to the negativity than to someone getting giddy after we've won 3 on the bounce and are within 2 points of 3rd place.

So, just to reiterate, stop worrying about your own predictions, stop worrying over how much kudos you are going to get on the internet. I hope this doesn't come across as condescending, I'm trying to be helpful, haha. Just chill out a bit and enjoy the best squad and coaching team we've had in forever (in my lifetime at least).

Or, do what I do. Take the title of TWF Village Idiot and wear it with some pride.

We can have our silly, OTT ideas and not get too precious about them.

We are not in the best 6 teams in the premier and have not been all season.t

Correct, we’ve actually been a top five team pretty much all season.

https://understat.com/league/EPL

The league table lies. If we finished 4th, that wouldn’t make those who predicted 4Th the oracle. It would mean we had a bit of luck and slightly over-performed.

If we finished 8th, it wouldn’t make you the Bloody oracle either. It would mean we had a bit of bad luck and underperformed slightly. And yet you’d still be foaming at the mouth despite thinking we might end up in that position.

Start of the season I had us 8-10th, then I had us sixth in the more recent poll. I based that change on the fact that we have performed excellently all season, sometimes missing the quality to finish of chances and sometimes just being the victim of some shit luck. I hate it when we lose (I’ve pretty much sulked all week at home) but I’m not going to start ranting at how we aren’t good enough when actually, we are, just that football is a game of small margins and sometimes you are on the right side of it and sometimes you aren’t.

Bloody hell, how good were Sheffield United last night? What a job Chris Wilder has done. Watching Enda Stevens whipping the crosses in against us and again last night did rather make me pine for a left footed left back/LWB however good Jonny has been. We've simply got to take the handbrake off and attack today and get men in the box. I can't cope with another game where we have an xG of 1 or less.

The league table lies. If we finished 4th, that wouldn’t make those who predicted 4Th the oracle. It would mean we had a bit of luck and slightly over-performed.

If we finished 8th, it wouldn’t make you the Bloody oracle either. It would mean we had a bit of bad luck and underperformed slightly. And yet you’d still be foaming at the mouth despite thinking we might end up in that position.

Start of the season I had us 8-10th, then I had us sixth in the more recent poll. I based that change on the fact that we have performed excellently all season, sometimes missing the quality to finish of chances and sometimes just being the victim of some shit luck. I hate it when we lose (I’ve pretty much sulked for ten days at home) but I’m not going to start ranting at how we aren’t good enough when actually, we are, just that football is a game of small margins and sometimes you are on the right side of it and sometimes you aren’t.

...And that luck does not even itself out over the season. If the season was 500 games it might do, but 38 is far too small a sample size for that old cliche to be taken seriously

...And that luck does not even itself out over the season. If the season was 500 games it might do, but 38 is far too small a sample size for that old cliche to be taken seriously

Exactly, so this is why we need to chill out! It’s not always in our control

As I have said elsewhere, the next steps are for us to take that out of the equation somewhat by improving our quality further, creating more consistently and continuing a lot of the good work we already do.

Since the restart we haven’t created enough that’s absolutely true but in general this season we have got better at that. It’s just going to take more time. We won’t create this little forever (hopefully starting today!)

Have just realised the game kicks off at midday. That's 6am in Texas, on the one morning a week I actually get enough sleep (usually). Am gonna be really pissed if we don't win.
You can sleep in till 7am. After all we don't usually turn up until the 2nd half.

Don’t know whether this has been posted before, and got lost in the Cybercentricity, but suggestions elsewhere of front 3 of Podence, Jiminez, Neto.

Don’t know whether this has been posted before, and got lost in the Cybercentricity, but suggestions elsewhere of front 3 of Podence, Jiminez, Neto.

I’d prefer Diogo to be starting but I wouldn’t mind that front 3 at all. We are too reliant on Traore beating players down the line at the moment and we are going to have to have solutions for when he misses games with the shoulder injury (which I assume eventually he will need to)

I’d prefer Diogo to be starting but I wouldn’t mind that front 3 at all. We are too reliant on Traore beating players down the line at the moment and we are going to have to have solutions for when he misses games with the shoulder injury (which I assume eventually he will need to)

Certainly agree about us getting fixated on Adama going forward - Jota has been in one of his dips, so quite happy to freshen it up.

That's worth a try. Hope it improves our creativity this week and makes for a better watch and result. Also can we put a bit of pace on set pieces? This lazy lobbing into the box is doing bugger all. And finally, let's up the tempo on attacks. We have not been breaking as quickly since the restart it seems.

Start of the season I had us 8-10th, then I had us sixth in the more recent poll. I based that change on the fact that we have performed excellently all season, sometimes missing the quality to finish of chances and sometimes just being the victim of some shit luck. I hate it when we lose (I’ve pretty much sulked all week at home) but I’m not going to start ranting at how we aren’t good enough when actually, we are, just that football is a game of small margins and sometimes you are on the right side of it and sometimes you aren’t.

This is exactly what grinds my gears. We have not been excellent all season. We have had a good season. We have been excellent AWAY from home all season but our home form needs to improve. 5 of our six home wins are against West Ham Bournemouth Norwich Watford and Villa. Our only anomaly was a remarkable comeback from 2 down against Man City who did have 10 men. The draws at home and the stale first halfs are things I would like to see improved. I totally accept this is the best collection of players and coaches at the club for eons but refuse to wear rose tinted specs and not look at areas we can and should be doing better in. Starting today please. We have had our blip.

I don’t know anyone who is saying we don’t have areas to improve in. I’ve literally discussed some above in different posts. But whatever makes you feel above everyone else, you go for it. I hope it’s not too lonely up there

Glad that you agree with me then. It’s probably easier just to post that straight away in future to save time and confusion. Enjoy the game. See you on the match day thread.

Christ, this thread has become hard work.

Didn't Cyber give himself his own thread? Can't he post his self congratulatory bollocks in there instead of clogging up this one?

I think we will play better as a side without Traore. For a lot of the season we've become too reliant on him. Even in games when he's not on the pitch we manage it waiting for him to come on and do some magic. I think he makes us too one dimensional. That's not a dig at him, it's a back handed compliment, but I predict you'll see a more balanced team approach today and I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a first half goal. If it happens I will be back to lord it over the rest of the forum at 2pm

I agree entirely with that. Tbh I hope we sell him in the summer. We'll make an absolute mint. I know he's talented and exciting but I think on a purely football quality perspective we were better last season when he was less involved

I'd rather we sold Traore than Jimenez or Neves.

I love Traore but I agree that selling him could end up making us a better team as long as we get a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back