• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton (H) Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Podence is going to well fucked off if we play 3-6-1 on Sunday....

Really need a win here.

Arsenal 1 point from 6
Burnley 1 point from 3
Sheff u 1 point from 6
Chelsea 0 from 3
Man Utd 2 from 6
Spurs 3 from 6
Everton 0 from 3

8 points from a possible 33 against our rivals for Europe.

Doubled the fuck out of the chaff though that you moaned about last season.

Really need a win here.

Arsenal 1 point from 6
Burnley 1 point from 3
Sheff u 1 point from 6
Chelsea 0 from 3
Man Utd 2 from 6
Spurs 3 from 6
Everton 0 from 3

8 points from a possible 33 against our rivals for Europe.
Those look bad.

Then you remember the games
Should have beaten arsenal away, Spurs robbed us blind at home.
Sheff utd got really lucky at Molineux
Chelsea absolutely Battered us
Man Utd was fair results.

Points dont always tell the full story.

We have been fantastic for the whole part excepting the start of the season.
Everton deservedly battered us

Wouldn't say they battered us at Goodison. We were just woeful in certain periods. We had enough chances to score 3 or 4 in the first half. Cutrone denied by 2 decent saves for example.

Wouldn't say they battered us at Goodison. We were just woeful in certain periods. We had enough chances to score 3 or 4 in the first half. Cutrone denied by 2 decent saves for example.

Admittedly I watched it on a Coach on the way back to the Cruise ship we were on.

Last edited:
Doubled the fuck out of the chaff though that you moaned about last season.

Yes and duly acknowledged but I seem to be one of the few realistic voices who don’t claim we are champions league ready. My mantra has been really consistent. Don’t lose to shite. Then don’t drop too many points to your rivals.

Yes and duly acknowledged but I seem to be one of the few realistic voices who don’t claim we are champions league ready. My mantra has been really consistent. Don’t lose to shite. Then don’t drop too many points to your rivals.

I don’t know if there is anyone on here who thinks we are champions league ready. You can’t make stuff up like that just to make yourself look clever :icon_lol:

What does Champions League ready mean?
The number of games - well it's less than the EL.

Quality of opposition? Well most teams struggle in their first year, but need the experience to grow. We'd need a fortunate draw to have a chance of second and would be more likely playing for 3rd

When it was discussed I said you can't pick and choose when you qualify, because there's no guarantees we ever will at whatever time you perceive we are ready.

I don’t know if there is anyone on here who thinks we are champions league ready. You can’t make stuff up like that just to make yourself look clever :icon_lol:

30% who voted in a poll after city were banned voted we would finish 5th is champions League. I don't see how that is making things up to look clever? Just like saying Norwich and Bournemouth to go down doesn't look silly 14 months later, but hey ho have your shot.

What the fuck is 'Champions League ready' anyway? Leicester got there with a squad including De Laet, Morgan, Huth, Amartey, Simpson, Fuchs, Drinkwater, James, King, Albrighton, Schlupp, Gray, Ulloa and Okazaki. Not one of them would get anywhere near our squad let alone first team but they got there. The only players they had who were top class were Mahrez and Kante. If you think Jota, Raul, Moutinho, Neves etc aren't better than that lot then no wonder you're always looking on the bleak side. If we made the Champions League we'd make a good fist of it just like we have the Europa League and we'd obviously sign players to make us stronger.

Continually not playing in the Champions League does not make you ready for it and you don't attract the kind of players who play in it unless you're one of the biggest clubs in the world. So please explain 'Champions League ready'.

30% who voted in a poll after city were banned voted we would finish 5th is champions League. I don't see how that is making things up to look clever? Just like saying Norwich and Bournemouth to go down doesn't look silly 14 months later, but hey ho have your shot.

So 70% thought we wouldn't finish in the top 5 and yet they're the few? Have i got that right?

And to be honest, without VAR alone we'd probably be ending up in a CL spot anyway.

I think you are getting confused by people daring to dream because for a few games, the door was opened up to us. If people can't take a moment to think "hold on, we have a chance" then its time to give up on football. Everyone knows the reality of where we are and lets be honest that is still pretty much pinch me stuff. Trying to take some sort of high ground over people because of that is a bit shitty tbh

I'm afraid Cyber is talking nonsense, this forum is the most realistic of any I've come across. We won 3 on the bounce and other results went our way so I and most others thought there was a chance of CL but we all knew it was still a long shot.....things have turned around since so we've all gone back to being hopeful of 6 th again....thats all

I think you are getting confused by people daring to dream because for a few games, the door was opened up to us. If people can't take a moment to think "hold on, we have a chance" then its time to give up on football. Everyone knows the reality of where we are and lets be honest that is still pretty much pinch me stuff. Trying to take some sort of high ground over people because of that is a bit shitty tbh

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back