• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

As mentioned earlier, I've not been impressed at all by Anya when I've seen him for Watford in the past, but he has been outstanding tonight.

Mulgrew was a left back for us right? He looks really comfortable as the holding player. Where's the other Celtic midfielder?

Germany not allowed subs? :)

Mulgrew was a left back for us right? He looks really comfortable as the holding player. Where's the other Celtic midfielder?

Yeah, we bought him as a left back who could cover at centre half. Makeweight in the Naylor deal. He didn't look very good in very limited opportunities tbh. Scott Brown is injured.

Yeah, we bought him as a left back who could cover at centre half. Makeweight in the Naylor deal. He didn't look very good in very limited opportunities tbh. Scott Brown is injured.

Was it his debut at Leeds where he was subbed at HT because he very close to getting a red card?

Was it his debut at Leeds where he was subbed at HT because he very close to getting a red card?

Certainly his first start, can't remember if he'd played at all before then.

Taken off before HT as I recall.

Germany looking suspect again at the back seem to struggle against any pace, think Germany found it so easy first half they may have taken there foot off the gas even still good second half performance by Scotland. Not looking forward to the our friendly up there in November.

What a ludicrous red card. Have a word with yourself referee. Jobsworth stuff.

Mulgrew sent off.

No time for the corner!?

Scotland did themselves proud. Referee embarrassed himself.

Crazy stuff from the referee. Why didn't he book the German player who smashed the ball away when Muller pulled back Maloney

Could have been a different game with McArthur or McDonald in for Fletcher to begin with. Alas, hindsight and all that.

Crazy stuff from the referee. Why didn't he book the German player who smashed the ball away when Muller pulled back Maloney

And why would Mulgrew be wasting time with 90 seconds to go and Scotland losing. Brainless refereeing.

I see Portugal ended up losing to Albania. When Ronaldo is missing they are an extremely poor team and have been for some time.

Looks like Henderson is injured tomorrow. Meh. I guess Milner will play instead. Not a huge amount to choose between them IMO, I'd say Milner is actually more suited to doing more of a holding role, that is not where or how Henderson plays for Liverpool. Once again he did very little vs Norway, I just don't see him impacting on games unless we use him in the very specific way that he is used at club level.

We'll qualify regardless of what happens tomorrow, Platini has managed to take all of the drama out of the whole process by making sure nearly half the continent qualifies. Take away your no hopers who hardly ever beat anyone outside of their own little group - so Malta, Cyprus, Moldova, San Marino, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Faroe Islands, Kazakhstan, Gibraltar, Azerbaijan, Luxembourg etc - and how many teams are realistically going to miss out? 14 months of qualification for virtually nothing.

A draw would be fine, Switzerland have a good recent record in competitive games, Basel routinely beat higher profile opponents in the Champions League with a core of Swiss players.

Was shitting myself watching the German game, its bad enough living in Scotland now the yes campaign is ahead, would have been murder if they had got anything out of that

I like this new scheme of playing over several days and at 5pm and 7.45pm.

Tonight I predict Suisse 2 England 1,it's even on telly here in little Norway.

Back