• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

It's Darren Fletcher that annoys me in that team. So so so overrated.

He's been diabolical so far this season as well. I think his illness has finished him really. He was always much more of a workhorse than a technical footballer in the first place and now he struggles to get around the park.

Fantastic goal by McGeady.

Northern Ireland have turned it around in Hungary. They are now 2 - 1 up.

Denmark 2-1 Armenia FT

The two Irelands have pulled off very impressive 2-1 away wins.

Can Scotland do likewise?

I can only hope.

Germany: Neuer,Boateng,Höwedes,Durm,Rudy,Kramer,Schürrle,Kroos,Reus,Müller,Götze

Not sure how they'll line up...

Back to the false 9 formation for Jogi. Müller I suppose nominally up top.

At least he didn't go to the damn 3-5-2 nonsense.

Yeah, he's not a natural right back. But Ikechi Anya has no business at all being at this level, I can't see him offering much.

Pace, which Scotland has pretty sorely lacked. He can create a few problems that way if nothing else.

I like Anya. When he's played as a winger and not as a wing back in Watford's ridiculous squad he actually looks quite dangerous.

Marshall

Hutton Martin Hanley Forsyth

McDonald

Burke Mulgrew Bryson Anya

Naismith​

That's the XI I'd go with from that squad btw.

Agree, Lycan, that looks solid.

It's just possible there may be method to Strachan's madness. Not really fair on McDonald, though, as he'll only get a chance if Scotland are 2-0 down with 15 minutes to go.

Given that Fletcher is going to offer nothing with the ball anyway, he'd be best off parking him on Kroos and stopping him dictating the play (theoretically at least). Kramer is ok but he's no Schweini or Khedira.

I don't like how people are sitting down in the South Stand. It's just not right.

Hysterical anthems - sounded like 2 blokes on tuba's & 1 with a triangle playing at 2/3 rds pace

Back