• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

Belgium remind me a bit of QPR, there's a lot of talented individuals there but they play with very little interest majority of the time and the manager never seems to try anything different to improve them.

Not a fan of Wilmots at all. Random selections and the gameplan is just to give it to Hazard and hope he does something special. I don't really think Origi is anything special but what he does have is pace - they never even tried to get him testing the Welsh defence in that way. Full backs offer nothing going forward so if you can shut De Bruyne/Chadli out (not that difficult) then they have little by way of supply to Benteke/Lukaku when they're on the pitch.

QPR comparison is a decent one, or Spain from the 1990s.

Great result for us - I'm really happy with that. Now to hope for a Bosnia away win this evening.

Not a fan of Wilmots at all. Random selections and the gameplan is just to give it to Hazard and hope he does something special. I don't really think Origi is anything special but what he does have is pace - they never even tried to get him testing the Welsh defence in that way. Full backs offer nothing going forward so if you can shut De Bruyne/Chadli out (not that difficult) then they have little by way of supply to Benteke/Lukaku when they're on the pitch.

QPR comparison is a decent one, or Spain from the 1990s.

I think the lack of proper fullback options stunts them somewhat, if they had some proper attacking fullbacks it might give them that extra boost but they just always look painfully complacent to me. Everything they do is so slow that it gives the other team opportunity to stick a load of men behind the ball and then, as you say, they're reliant on a bit of magic from Hazard to make something happen from there.

Just seems that if you play deep against them then you're in for a relatively easy ride as long as you've got a centre half capable of dealing with the aerial threat from Lukaku/Benteke, or Fellaini when he inevitably throws himself up there late in yet another underwhelming game. I don't think they have a single player who manages to even match their club performances when they roll out for their country, never mind surpass that level, they should be capable of so much more.

Candreva puts Italy in front.

oh Gianluigi,1-1 Perisic

Good finish by Candreva, but left very open on the edge of the box.

Croatia equalise as Buffon makes a mistake with a shot he should have comfortably covered

Modric injured,both teams make a substitution.

Chaos in Italy as flares & missiles come on to the pitch - Referee on the point of taking the players off with the score at 1 - 1

Pointless as both teams will qualify from this group anyway

Slaven Bilic's pundity is great! He's clearly got a screw loose but entertaining all the same. All the better that Hoddle is sat next to him and looks absolutely terrified.

The atmosphere at these games is just spectacularly poor. Lukewarm applause for the 3 England goals and deathly silence for the rest of the game.

I do not understand it, is it the corporate seating ?

It will be a lot better when the England team starts travelling round the country which will surely happen as soon as Wembley is paid off.
Cost has to be a factor, to go to Celtic Park Tuesday would cost £100 +

Joining Travel Club £60
Ticket £40 then drinks etc. No wonder we have not sold all the tickets

“There will not be many of my officers wanting to take the day off. This is as big as it gets. This is what we joined for, to be involved in events like this.”

Well there's one reason not to go tonight. Strathclyde Pollis obviously up for a fight.

Slaven Bilic's pundity is great! He's clearly got a screw loose but entertaining all the same. All the better that Hoddle is sat next to him and looks absolutely terrified.

He was very entertaining and interesting, no monotony from him. There was one point when Hoddle questioned how the Croatian fans got their flares into the stadium when Slaven pointed out how small flares are these days and easy to assemble once in the ground, Hoddle sat back in his chair looking very peeved that someone had shot his point out of the air!

There was a bit on the highlights show when he broke into a 'short story' about the English mentality of never giving in, clearly eating into quite a tight schedule as they were showing goals from every game played but Matt Smith didn't dare cut him off :icon_lol:

He kept leaning right into Hoddle to make his point when he was addressing something Canoe Chin had said, really unnerved him. Brilliant stuff.

I do find it slightly odd no PL clubs have taken him, it's seven years since his Croatia team beat us at Wembley and he was considered to be a PL manager in waiting even then.

West Ham bound when Sam starts fucking up again. Hammers fans worship the bloke.

Back