• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

England "Fans"

I understand it fine. There were unprovoked issues. However if you think England were angels you also believe in Unicorns.
I don't think anyone has said that. Just that the media reporting of it hasn't been accurate.

Personally I think the media reporting has been pretty fair and accurate.

I don't think anyone has said that. Just that the media reporting of it hasn't been accurate.

And there's an unending masochistic tendency in some parts to hand wring over it and issue blanket condemnation of every England fan. Which I'm sure people on here would just love if that was applied to Wolves.

Of course they are not angels, but no country has 100% angels for fans.

A mate in the ground texted to say within a group of 500 they were shepherded to closed gates then were accidentally tear gassed as downwind from intended target. Said they ran back after the game through gangs of locals intent on attacking police.

Look - it is fairly easy to understand. England were blameless. Completely. Within the ground last night. However, the preceding 48 hours they weren't, so "going to clear up" is hardly lighting my fire. Is it that hard to understand?

Personally I think the media reporting has been pretty fair and accurate.

Over here it hasn't been. To summarise, England fans are raging drunken animals, Russian fans are hooligans, the locals are all terrorised and the police are doing a wonderful job.

And under the circumstances I wouldn't expect any fans to be angels.

Look - it is fairly easy to understand. England were blameless. Completely. Within the ground last night. However, the preceding 48 hours they weren't, so "going to clear up" is hardly lighting my fire. Is it that hard to understand?

The first night a bar full of England fans was attacked by locals, much like the Northern Irish and Polish (who fought back to back as it were) last night in Nice.

Over here the media has been much fairer and pointed out the actions of French Ultras. Which is absolutely correct. There is a mix of issues there and there are English, Russian and French causes.

The first night a bar full of England fans was attacked by locals, much like the Northern Irish and Polish (who fought back to back as it were) last night in Nice.

Yes - but there were also English arseholes the first nights as well. There is no doubt that putting England into OM territory was STUPID by UEFA though.

Look - it is fairly easy to understand. England were blameless. Completely. Within the ground last night. However, the preceding 48 hours they weren't, so "going to clear up" is hardly lighting my fire. Is it that hard to

In that case Paddy, if you were at the Wolves v Watford game then you are associated with the attack on Nick Cruwys and any subsequent collection for him doesn't deserve praising?

So innocent England fans taking it upon themselves to help clear up debris in the old port in Marseilles should be praised and not ridiculed.

Not particularly no. There shouldn't have been the mess in the first place. Thirty thousand Welsh fans seem to have left Bordeaux clean.

Yet 2000 welsh fans always manage to leave molineux looking like a disaster zone.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Not particularly no. There shouldn't have been the mess in the first place. Thirty thousand Welsh fans seem to have left Bordeaux clean.

They weren't attacked by French and Russian thugs though

When was the last issue with England at a tournament (bar a handful of arrests which every country will have, even Wales), Euro 2000? We've been at six tournaments since then. If there were the kind of endemic, 'something must be done, won't somebody please think of the children' issue that is being painted then we wouldn't have gone sixteen years without a problem.

Back