• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

England "Fans"

Possibly. That I will agree. England in Marseille is fucking dense. However to see thousands of Welsh leave Bordeaux without an issue (and we all know that Cardiff and Swansea have their fair share of cunts) does make you wonder why this always follows England around.

I'd probably save your congratulating of the Welsh supporters until they leave Toulouse.

Possibly. You just keep saying it's not your fault though eh? Bored with England fans doing that.

Bored with you wanting to blame England fans.

Like Deutsch said, there hasn't been trouble at Finals for a long time, so why this time?

No set of fans are just going to stand there and take a beating.

Let's see what happens in Lens and St. Etienne.

I think with a lot of firms around Europe still see England's fans as the godfathers of organised hooliganism because of the dark days of the 1980's.
A lot will see kicking the shit out of England fans as a badge of honour and know the blame will at worst be shared.
The minority of idiots who call themselves England fans know this and know there's a good chance of some action.
I'd be very surprised if Russian hooligans target the Wales fans absolutely nothing in it for them.
Policing of events has to be looked at German and Portugese police got things spot on concentrating on crowd control not dispersal and made themselves approachable.
Where as the French and Belgain police in 2000 concentrated on dispersal and using tear gas and water guns.

Okay. JD I think has summed it up. I will leave this anyway. Something else that is more important on a personal front has just happened and I need to deal with that rather than argue the toss on something where frankly none of us win.

When was the last issue with England at a tournament (bar a handful of arrests which every country will have, even Wales), Euro 2000? We've been at six tournaments since then. If there were the kind of endemic, 'something must be done, won't somebody please think of the children' issue that is being painted then we wouldn't have gone sixteen years without a problem.

You are right, but sadly the headlines across Europe will be about the English disease returning. We earned this reputation after years of fans of clubs and country causing problems whenever a game was played abroad. And while England fans were not at fault in the stadium last night, I just cannot understand why the fans have to spend all day drinking.

You are right, but sadly the headlines across Europe will be about the English disease returning. We earned this reputation after years of fans of clubs and country causing problems whenever a game was played abroad. And while England fans were not at fault in the stadium last night, I just cannot understand why the fans have to spend all day drinking.

Especially when the only beer on offer appears to have been fucking Heineken.

I just cannot understand why the fans have to spend all day drinking.

Isn't that just what a lot of fans do? They go to the pub hours before kick off........drink..........go to the game and then say "should have stayed in the pub"

Isn't that just what a lot of fans do? They go to the pub hours before kick off........drink..........go to the game and then say "should have stayed in the pub"

No that was probably only us last year

I have often said that....

Seriously though, a few pints before a game is fine, but excessive drinking has been the main cause of football violence.

Apparently one of the things that has surprised the French authorities is that many English fans haven't really bothered with the fan zones but have preferred to watch the games in bars...

I have often said that....

Seriously though, a few pints before a game is fine, but excessive drinking has been the main cause of football violence.

But that's what people do up and down the country at all kind of events every weekend. It's not just confined to football,

It appears that Polish and Irish fans stud side by side whilst they were attacked by Nice Ultras. There seems to be a pattern to this violence.

But that's what people do up and down the country at all kind of events every weekend. It's not just confined to football,

It appears that Polish and Irish fans stud side by side whilst they were attacked by Nice Ultras. There seems to be a pattern to this violence.

Rugby fans like a drink or two, but do not resort to mindless violence. The hooligan problem is for some reason a football problem. It has been for nearly fifty years, and despite the best efforts of many different agencies and authorities, it still is.

Football has such a tribal mentality, you go to a ashes test match two massive rivals and alcohol is consumed all day and there's no segregation and there's no trouble whatsoever and a good proportion of cricket fans are football fans to.
Same applies to rugby you'll have England and Wales fans gladly sat side by side consuming a fair amount of booze with no problems.
Football worldwide has this disease and I find it laughable when I hear sanctimonious comments on my Facebook from Scotland fans when they forget the Scottish cup final and the fact they still have sectarian problem in old firm and Edinburgh derbies.

Back