• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

England "Fans"

The authorities need to act quickly otherwise scenes that were seen yesterday will be repeated.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Segregation within the grounds, and also security checks, need to be a heck of a lot better than that.

I'm not sure what can be done in the towns at the moment. England could be back in Marseille later in the tournament. However the authorities will be very concerned if Russia were to win the group - there would be a good chance of meeting Ukraine which will be carnage.

I have concerns about Thursday. No alcohol in Lens. Wales and England fans wanting a drink or travelling will be going through Lille. Russia are playing in Lille on Wednesday. Recipe for it all to kick off again.

More likely there will be 50 odd normal fans who go out to get drunk and watch the football, end up getting attacked, defend themselves and then get blamed for fighting.

I'm happy to accept that.

Segregation within the grounds, and also security checks, need to be a heck of a lot better than that.

I'm not sure what can be done in the towns at the moment. England could be back in Marseille later in the tournament. However the authorities will be very concerned if Russia were to win the group - there would be a good chance of meeting Ukraine which will be carnage.

I have concerns about Thursday. No alcohol in Lens. Wales and England fans wanting a drink or travelling will be going through Lille. Russia are playing in Lille on Wednesday. Recipe for it all to kick off again.
My fears exactly. Security must be improved, but why is it only football that attracts this kind of behaviour. What was meant to be a festival of football is now getting front page news for all the wrong reasons.

The French press are laying blame squarely on the English fans whilst locals are barely being mentioned. The police have been impeccable apparently.

Oh and nobody's mentioned the flares and the huge kaboom that preceded the Russian charge at the end of the game.

The authorities need to act quickly otherwise scenes that were seen yesterday will be repeated.

You know what they'll do, Frank. They'll issue a statement condemning it and then they'll go back to the VIP reception...

SSN are saying there might be a points deduction for Russia as UEFA can act on the trouble inside the ground, which was clearly all their fans.

You know what they'll do, Frank. They'll issue a statement condemning it and then they'll go back to the VIP reception...

They will also probably fine the Russian and English Football Associations. Which will have no effect whatsoever.

Some truly horrible videos online, one were a bloke who's clearly been shopping gets knocked straight out with one punch from behind.
Just seen that clip. Disgusting.

It's a little staggering just how much has happened in just a couple of days, it's nothing short of appalling what's going on! The four games that have been played have all been entertaining, as bitter as I am about the England game, but thanks to this bullshit there's very little focus on that!

SSN are saying there might be a points deduction for Russia as UEFA can act on the trouble inside the ground, which was clearly all their fans.

They were given a 6 point suspended sentence after Euro 2012 which only lasted until the end of the qualifiers in November, I just think it'll be a hefty fine.

The Russian FA is facing a disciplinary procedure by UEFA following the disgraceful scenes in the ground after the final whistle.

Hadn't realised it isn't just for the violence. Apparently they were giving it large on the racist chant front as well.

According to UEFA it'll be a severe punishment, more than likely be heavy fine and suspended points deduction again.
Can't see them docking points might just inflame the Russian fire further and lead to more violence.

Hadn't realised it isn't just for the violence. Apparently they were giving it large on the racist chant front as well.

Wasnt it at a Russian league match recently where some black chaps were hounded out of the ground?
Running a gauntlet of punches and kicks and the stewards doing fuck all.

Yep - plus they still do the hilarious thing with chucking bananas at black players. So glad FIFA gave them the world cup.

A group of 300 Russian hooligans arrived armed to attack football fans in an organised assault which left 19 British people in hospital, four in a critical condition.

Thugs wearing black T-shirts carried bum bags containing equipment for assaults, including gum shields, fighting equipment and mixed martial arts gloves when they arrived in Marseille on Saturday afternooon. They seized upon the chaos caused by gang violence which had already started in the centre of Marseille – between rival fans of Olympique Marseille and Paris Saint Germain – to launch indiscriminate attacks on English fans.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...seille-hooligans-clash-hospital-a7077906.html

PSG and OM fucking hate each other as well. Sprinkle in a load of Russian nutters and then gently stir in 20000 English fans looking to get well pissed and have a good time.

Can't imagine how anybody missed that being a recipe for ugly scenes.

UEFA now have made statement in which they have threatened to disqualify England and Russia if further violence continues.

Does this mean UEFA are now having a day of matters outside the ground? Thought they only controlled matters inside stadiums from what I saw England fans behaviour inside the ground was fine.
If UEFA do boot England out on say Friday and then an investigation then finds that actually a good proportion of the blame wasn't with England fans I can see UEFA receiving a hefty law suit from the FA.

Back