• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Derby 4 -2 Wolves The Verdict

They're sat down. It'll have been taken at half time.

No player ever hits the same standards week in week out, those that consistently play at a good level in the championship will be a rare breed. I don't think any of the players you have mentioned have ever been accused of complacency so that seems a weird one to throw at them based on one performance. McDonald and Price were up against probably one of the most talented midfields in this division who were playing in front of their own crowd and were having a very good game. Our midfield has done the same to lesser opponents in the past.

I didn't think there was a gulf between the two sides and on another day we would have come away with something. We fell short at key moments and that cost us.At 1-1 we were very much in the ascendency and had we gone on and scored the game could well have developed very differently. The third goal, came as it did so close to half time, changed the whole complexion of the game and we were never really in it again after that.

There isnt much between probably 15 sides in this league. The poor defending cost us 2 in the first half. This will happen with a young defence. A good side on a good day will beat a good side on an average day. Too many mistakes did for us. I dont understand the melt downs when we lose to teams like Derby. They are one of the top 5 teams in this league with a quality squad in depth. Bolton , Cardiff and QPR were much worse as was the draw with 9 man Preston. In those games we failed to turn up for at least half a game ( QPR second half)

Derby will probably go up this season, while we have an outside chance.

I'm not overly concerned about us being beaten by a better team away from home.

I think it was just one of those days, and arguably you can see it as encouraging that it was a more even game than the same match last season was. It's mistaken to point to a defeat like this and say we're outsiders for promotion - on the whole, as I pointed out in another thread, despite the poor start to the season we're only slightly behind last year's pace (and I bet you anything this year's November won't be a horrorshow, so by December we'll be ahead, game for game).

has there been a link posted yet showing the highlights ?

I can only access this one but I imagine Sky have better highlights available.

Back