• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Derby 0 - Wolves 2 a five nil in all but the score tonight

Great write ups chaps and I'm sure I'm not the only one spaffing myself here at the thought of what we have on our hands. Nuno is the driving force behind this with his organisation and focus and concentrating on a well drilled defence. I felt listening to the commentary that we still lack that cutting edge in attack and feared at times today that our wastefulness would bite us on the arse as so many times in the past but thankfully not.

The names knocking about at the moment are Nelson Oliveira, Fernando Forestieri and Sam Gallagher though I don't see how the latter is going to get enough goals for where we want to be.

Very exciting times!

Great write ups chaps and I'm sure I'm not the only one spaffing myself here at the thought of what we have on our hands. Nuno is the driving force behind this with his organisation and focus and concentrating on a well drilled defence. I felt listening to the commentary that we still lack that cutting edge in attack and feared at times today that our wastefulness would bite us on the arse as so many times in the past but thankfully not.

The names knocking about at the moment are Nelson Oliveira, Fernando Forestieri and Sam Gallagher though I don't see how the latter is going to get enough goals for where we want to be.

Very exciting times!

The cutting edge was certainly there it was just wasteful finishing, but if you carry on creating chances like we did, we'll still score 2 or 3 even if we miss 4 or 5.

Nice but dim wummimg again,

Jota: ... "Contrived to miss two sitters – slowing up after being given the freedom of Derby's half and allowing Wisdom to tackle him, then hitting the post from 15 yards when he should have scored. Perhaps wisely he chose to pass to Cavaleiro for the second goal instead of shooting."

I wouldn't describe either opportunity as easy.

Cheers for the reports chaps. Only followed on twitter and Sky but all sounding very positive. Channel 5 should be suitably embarrassed for getting Neves and Jota mixed up and from what I saw Jota had his attempt saved before Leo bollocked it over the bar.

Good to see Bright set up the breakaway for the second goal, lovely ball to Jota.

Who got E+S motm last week, Saiss?

i was amazed by the balls up on the Channel 5 Championship programme - why after the brief higlights didn't the presenter or big Chris put things right

Jota and Bonatini both missed very clear chances so the creativity is definitely there each could have had a brace with better finishing. Bonatini looked knackered but I hope he will bag a few once hes up to speed.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Good to see Rowett thinking our new foreign signings don't fancy a physical battle

"We spoke about the fact Wolves would want a nice game because of the players they have got, but we weren't physical enough"

If teams only think they have to kick us to beat us then this season will be easy.

Judah and Timbo's review video of the match is actually quite good. Partly because they're both in awe of how good we were and partly because Nathan is taking the piss for the entire video, saying things like "giving Boly better than a 6, eh?"

i was amazed by the balls up on the Channel 5 Championship programme - why after the brief higlights didn't the presenter or big Chris put things right

They probably don't know who they are. I think we're still under the radar at the moment

Good to see Rowett thinking our new foreign signings don't fancy a physical battle

"We spoke about the fact Wolves would want a nice game because of the players they have got, but we weren't physical enough"

If teams only think they have to kick us to beat us then this season will be easy.
Disappointing tactical approach too from a man who many had high hopes for after his achievements with Blues. Not really making much headway at Derby so far, the season ticket holder in my office is far from convinced by Rowett's long ball switch.

Some decent highlights on DCTV

[video]https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news?type=video&archive=&category=&display=[/video]

10 minutes of highlights on the Wolves OS as well.

Back