• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Danny Batth

Apology accepted, two players who had the ability and potential but didn't seem to want it enough. I suppose they are getting out what they put in Clarke at Crawley and Proudlock at Telford i think?

Mandaric won't be spending big like many of our fans think, he hasn't got that jkind of money to throw at it. We'll have to rely on a couple of good signings, some astute free transfers and loan signings. But we'll certainly be in a better position financially than alot of Championship clubs.

Back to Danny Batth, to the poster who said he was immobile, i don't think he is. He's not the quickest of players but he very rarely gets skinned, never seen him beaten albeit in League One. I reckon he'd get into your starting 11 i really do, you can tell from a mile of he is a quality defender.

Clarke didn't have the ability, he was always a fat knacker who should be playing parks football.

Proudlock wasted what should have been a decent career at Championship level.

I spoke to his sister last night and she thought after the year he had at Wednesday he might have wanted to stay, but he really wants to get back to Wolves and try and break into the first team.

He can't play on Sunday as his loan isn't up until 1 June.

He was ill in bed last night and could not go to the promotion celebration.

Last edited:
Good scoop there, mate. Cheers.

It'd be great to see him involved in the squad next season.

So he spent a few weeks with Dave Jones and now can't get away quick enough.......even has to make up a bit of man flu to avoid him. Good man, make him captain

or.......he could have had a night out earlier with RoJo

He's a Wolverhampton lad though isn't he....I can imagine he's thinking he's done really well at wednesday and following our relegation this is a great opportunity to break into the first team..possible new coach etc so clean slate.

Brierley Hill. Border territory.

He's a Wolverhampton lad though isn't he....I can imagine he's thinking he's done really well at wednesday and following our relegation this is a great opportunity to break into the first team..possible new coach etc so clean slate.

Yes, he is and his sister also works at Wolves and is my contact from the Corporate team, hence why I know her.

Brierley Hill. Border territory.

Home of the best pub on the planet.

4460be597c628b46bf0d3e0a19de59ee.jpg

And now he's in Marbella, that illness cleared up quickly!

really good defender who will certainly play in the Premier League one day.

And that is exactly what we need. He has earn't his chance and like David Davis is a player who the Wolves Support will also take to their hearts. Our defence needs a complete dismantling.

And that is exactly what we need. He has earn't his chance and like David Davis is a player who the Wolves Support will also take to their hearts. Our defence needs a complete dismantling.

Too right! They have been shocking this season, I see that whilst talking about Hennessey's award at the International Centre dinner the official site said he made the most saves out of the whole Premiership as if that was necessarily a good thing. If we didn't have such a terrible defence he wouldn't have had to make all those saves. Hopefully Batth and a few new faces can strengthen the defence next season.

Too right! They have been shocking this season, I see that whilst talking about Hennessey's award at the International Centre dinner the official site said he made the most saves out of the whole Premiership as if that was necessarily a good thing. If we didn't have such a terrible defence he wouldn't have had to make all those saves. Hopefully Batth and a few new faces can strengthen the defence next season.

I hope somebody has given Solbakken the brief on the disaster of a season we have had. The coaching from tip to toe was severely lacking. Our central midfield and defence need an absolute and total overhaul. Henry must be sold !

No point in letting him go, better to let the new man see what he's got especially as the current players have not covered themselves in glory this year. If he's good enough hopefully he will get a chance & its not as if we need the money we would get for him anyway.

Back