• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace Build Up & Match Thread

D

Deleted Cyber

I may be blind or hungover but couldn't see a build up thread for this week's game. Anyhoo, this is exactly the sort of home fixture we should be looking to win on the back of an excellent win against a big six team. However , palace are more than capable themselves and could also see a point here as a good result. Add to that the fact we have already won at their place how often have wolves in the top division won home and away against a team. No jinxes or superstition, doing the double over a side does not happen often for any mid table team against a mid table team. So while I am hopeful for a win and a good performance it may be a more frustrating evening for us and we have to settle for a point.

So prediction is 1-1

I think them losing the last game helps us as there will be more pressure on them to win. Zaha ran us ragged in the game that I saw as the true start of the demise under Solbakken/Saunders at Mol. Scary to think that was 2012.

Interested to see how they approach this game, only saw it on motd but they looked knackered and bereft of ideas against Chelsea. Wonder if they'll just put 10 behind the ball and hope to catch us on the break with Zaha or flood the midfield and stifle Neves, Moutinho and the WB's, either way can see us setting up with 3 in midfield, maybe MGW to start as furthest forward/10?

Based on the little I've seen they will be ultra defensive and hope to catch us on the break. They have a lot of pace in the forwards. One of those games we might stroll (in our low scoring way), like Bournemouth or struggle to break them down and end up frustrated and with a 2 goal defeat. Let's be optimistic and go 2-0 with an early goal.

I think them losing the last game helps us as there will be more pressure on them to win. Zaha ran us ragged in the game that I saw as the true start of the demise under Solbakken/Saunders at Mol. Scary to think that was 2012.

Jonny Williams breaking Peszko broke us.

Bolasie was better than Zaha on the night from memory.

It'll be another of those games where if we score first we'll go onto win, but they'll look to frustrate us. Against Chelsea they played 3 destroying midfielders which we will probably struggle to break down based on previous games this year. They'll then go for their usual two offensive tactics of give it to Zaha and hope for the best or rely on a Milivojevic penalty.

Given we've seen this film before, most recently a week ago we need approach it differently, moving the ball around and hoping for an overload is unlikely to happen. If fit Jota could well be the key here as his direct running style with purpose and movement could make a difference. Think we'll need Saiss in there as well, which gives a difficult choice with Moutinho/Neves and one for Vinagre's adventure rather than Jonny solidity.
-------------------Rui----------------
-----Bennett-----Coady-----Boly
Doherty-----Saiss-----Moutinho----Vinagre
-----------------------MGW----------------
---------------Raul---------Jota/Cav

Play something like that and I think we win, 3421/343 I think will be 0-0.

Andros Townsend will fancy the shooting opportunities Wolves allowed Spurs should space be given between the lines.

He scores one worldie and everyone ignores the countless efforts spannered into row z

Roger East is the ref for this one.

I should be impersonating darlo tomorrow. However I'm ill, so his ticket is available.
I'm in the process of arranging transport over to bring the ticket. Let me know if you want it. You'll need to meet the usual gang in the london.
For the regulars who are well enough, what time will you be arriving so I can drop the ticket off?

I should be in no later than 4.

thanks fellas. will pop in to drop the ticket off.

I should be impersonating darlo tomorrow. However I'm ill, so his ticket is available.
I'm in the process of arranging transport over to bring the ticket. Let me know if you want it. You'll need to meet the usual gang in the london.
For the regulars who are well enough, what time will you be arriving so I can drop the ticket off?

just bumping the availability of this ticket...

I'll be there between 5 and half past, I reckon.

Don't forget your hat and gloves, people.

Going to get the bus in about 5 minutes so I should be there at 4.

What team are people hoping to see here? Think I would go for:
Patricio
Doherty - Bennett - Coady - Boly - Jonny
Moutinho - Neves
Jiminez - MGW - Jota/Cav

I'm expecting Palace to sit back for the most part as Zaha really is their only outlet, don't think Saiss should be needed as much this game despite how well he has been doing this month. Jota was a doubt last I heard but if he is fit I'd start him, otherwise play Cav.

just bumping the availability of this ticket...

Sent you a PM a few hours ago mate if it's still available.

Palace fans don't want to see Zaha up top, but out wide with Wickham leading the line. I think he suffers from Traore issues where he gets isolated and gets bullied off the ball by CBs.

Hopefully for us it'll be Costa and Cav either side of Raul. I think Neves and Saiss will start. Moutinho likely needs more rest than the younger players. Jota making the bench would be a bonus.

Back