• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace Build Up & Match Thread

I don't think we've been bad tbf.

Another lacklustre performance against a distinctly average opponent.

I just don’t think we’re particularly good at taking the initiative in games like this and taking the game to teams. It’s weird because we had to do that in most games last season but I guess the extra quality of the players and tactical ability of the managers you face in the PL make it more difficult.

Noticeably better possession now, but Palace are playing very deep to stifle us. Tough to find any room to create anything.

Nice spell of possession there leading to a Costa cross but it was only Raul against 4 palace defenders in the middle

Costa and Cav are noticeably very wide and far away from Raul. Making it tough.

All palace so far, we’ve been poor and the front three have struggled to get into the game

boly you're killin me dude. :icon_lol:

Another lacklustre performance against a distinctly average opponent.

They're not a shit show though are they. Just beat City which we didn't manage.

Cliché but there are no easy games at this level. We look alright.

Ha Townsend baloons it over the bar. Warning sign though.

We miss Jota in games like this. I guess this is why Nuno likes Traore as a more direct threat. Palace on top so far, but not much in it (quality wise).

I’m not going to be too negative too early - but this is predictably poor so far (thought it would be when I saw the line up). Not creating anything at the moment. All of our play is in the wide areas and none of our crosses have beaten the first man. We are very slow in possession so Palace are being allowed to get back in to shape before we’ve got to the half way line.

Giving the ball away too much though.

Agree about missing Jota tonight, need that extra bit of clever movement and spark in games like this. We look fine but a little lacking in ideas when we’re going forward

OH MATT.

come on matty gotta smash that

How did Boly end up with that much space...and miss?

That is absolute wank from Boly. Free header on the 6 yard box. Not much better from Doherty.

Boly should have done far better with the header, and then a still reasonable chance for Doc. Must do better.

Back