• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace Build Up & Match Thread

They lack experience in this league, as they do genuine quality (except 2-3 players) and blow very hot and cold. Best Wolves team I've ever watched but 10-11th is probably fair over 38 gams.

Right lads, new plan. Clearly we raise our game for special occasions. Get 40 points in the league and then win the FA fucking cup.

Right lads, new plan. Clearly we raise our game for special occasions. Get 40 points in the league and then win the FA fucking cup.

Quite possible. its been 60 years in 19-20 so its a bit due!

The phrase 'Big Time Charlies' comes to mind.
It's hard to understand how we can take points off Arsenal, City, Utd, Spurs and lose to Cardiff, Huddersfield, Watford, Palace.

Its the most frustrating thing! You cannot gauge how good or bad we really are. One week you think" hell we could be on to something here" and a week later we look , at best ordinary at worst clueless.

I fear that Neves may be a bit #headsgone. His shooting's off, his passing is off, his movement is off. We have been saying it for a while. He doesnt look the player he did last year. I get the argument of better opposition, less space etc etc, but he has not had a MOTM performance all year. And given he was MOTM almost every other week last year that has me worried.

Although we conceded in that time, we looked far better when Neves came on. He also nearly equalised.

People are saying we struggled to break Palace down, I actually thought we played like the away team first half, where we let them have more of the ball and tried to hit them on he break, unfortunately Costa and Cav were shit, again.

I may be blind or hungover but couldn't see a build up thread for this week's game. Anyhoo, this is exactly the sort of home fixture we should be looking to win on the back of an excellent win against a big six team. However , palace are more than capable themselves and could also see a point here as a good result. Add to that the fact we have already won at their place how often have wolves in the top division won home and away against a team. No jinxes or superstition, doing the double over a side does not happen often for any mid table team against a mid table team. So while I am hopeful for a win and a good performance it may be a more frustrating evening for us and we have to settle for a point.

So prediction is 1-1

Hmmph

Just read this back. I thought I was being a bit pessimistic but even this was optimistic!

Back