• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

The game of Where's (the) Wally, I mean Boris continues...

Our advise is you can go out and exercise as much as you like but please stay at home as much as you can... Er, ok

Foreign workers haven't come over to pick our fruit so we are launching our "Pick for Britain" website :icon_lol:

It's going to be like 26 degrees tomorrow. How many people do they seriously think want to do hard physical work outdoors every day in those kind of temperatures, for really shit money?

It won't happen, besides which loads of farms are really remote so if you don't drive, how are you getting there...

He's not taking it. Guaranteed. No Doctor would prescribe it without symptoms to justify it. Any nebulous "help" it may deliver is in reducing symptoms not in giving immunity. IE - its an alleged treatment not a vaccine.

But he thought he would give a boost to the share price of the company making it. Without any thought as to how the audience would react to his words. Fucking dangerous dickhead. Where is Lee Harvey Oswald when he's needed?

Couple of theories I have heard over here:

1 "stupid is as stupid does". He really is taking it

2 He thinks he's taking it, but isn't - they're giving him something else.

3 He took it once

4 He's not taking it at all, the story is to divert away from the more serious news - he fired yet another IG

It's going to be like 26 degrees tomorrow. How many people do they seriously think want to do hard physical work outdoors every day in those kind of temperatures, for really shit money?

It won't happen, besides which loads of farms are really remote so if you don't drive, how are you getting there...

Yep fruit/veg picking is horrendous (in any weather) and crap money, I know, I've done it, hated every minute of every day I did it....however if you've been put out of work by this virus and IF you are fit and able enough, why wouldn't you sign up for this? I know I would, sometimes in life you just have grit your teeth and get on with it until better times come around....which they will

Unless you're literally starving and/or unable to provide for your family then I don't think many people will go for a job that they know in advance that they'll absolutely hate on every single level. They'll wait it out.

The Government seem to think there are quite a lot of vacancies out there at the moment in other sectors anyway, not that I believe them.

Edit: Seems on this scheme that a lot of the time you have to commit for months in advance (so the economy recovers a bit as we unlock...you're stuck picking stuff out of fields) and also a lot of the time you will be expected to live on-site.

It's cloud cuckoo land.

Oh and Eustice is banging on about bloody fish again.

1) It's about 1% of GDP, might even be below that

2) We don't even eat the stuff we catch in our waters, British people don't like it

3) In light of 2), we sort of need a trade deal to export it properly, otherwise what's the point

Yeah but fish... Taking back control of our waters

Unless you're literally starving and/or unable to provide for your family then I don't think many people will go for a job that they know in advance that they'll absolutely hate on every single level. They'll wait it out.

The Government seem to think there are quite a lot of vacancies out there at the moment in other sectors anyway, not that I believe them.

Edit: Seems on this scheme that a lot of the time you have to commit for months in advance (so the economy recovers a bit as we unlock...you're stuck picking stuff out of fields) and also a lot of the time you will be expected to live on-site.

It's cloud cuckoo land.

Well yes, I 'd only do it if I was desperate but unfortunately there will be a lot of people in that boat I think

Fruit picking seems prime for students & the recently graduated. I'm assuming you don't have to pay to live there mind

I think most charge you to stop on site,all those manky old caravans in the farmyard don't buy themselves you know

Picking fruit and veg in those harsh conditions should attract minimum £20 per hour plus bonus. The price in the shops would probably double but less demand would mean less supply and less going to waste. Beer and wine if more expensive would keep the nation healthier. It would be environmentally friendly and lessen the carbon trail. Somewhere along the line they could genetically modify the fruit so it's bigger and requires less land and labour to produce. Anybody who is prepared to do this for £9 an hour (or whatever it is now) also deserves a separate day for a clap for help feeding the nation.

Picking fruit and veg in those harsh conditions should attract minimum £20 per hour plus bonus. The price in the shops would probably double but less demand would mean less supply and less going to waste. Beer and wine if more expensive would keep the nation healthier. It would be environmentally friendly and lessen the carbon trail. Somewhere along the line they could genetically modify the fruit so it's bigger and requires less land and labour to produce. Anybody who is prepared to do this for £9 an hour (or whatever it is now) also deserves a separate day for a clap for help feeding the nation.

Won't be £9 an hour, it will be minimum rate, not sure what that currently is £7.80?

Back