• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I think the briefing said to expect similar numbers of deaths for the next two-three weeks? So 900-1000 per day give or take.

21,000 deaths over the next three weeks, very scary stuff

Edit. in fact deaths are expected to rise beyond the current levels. I'd bet we're nearer 50k in three weeks time

If you've had kids cooped up in the house several weeks then yes I would consider making sure they have eggs and as "normal" an Easter as possible essential

You could contend that any parent that has to run out on Easter Sunday to buy Easter eggs isn't much of a parent at all, or maybe
address it with them in a way that they can understand the current situation.

I think the briefing said to expect similar numbers of deaths for the next two-three weeks? So 900-1000 per day give or take. 21,000 deaths over the next three weeks, very scary stuff

I myself must apologise, I had just come off a ranty phone call to my Mom, who has no immune system and decided to pop next door to her neighbours to borrow some milk, yours was the first post I saw and I'm afraid you got the tail end of it !

I can assure you here is no one i respect more on this site for defending the rights of their fellow man / woman so the thought of you being callus is absurd.
I will make it up one day by buying you one of he poncy beers your so fond of :)
[emoji2936][emoji95][emoji2935]

Doesn’t Shaun Wright-Phillips have a kid in the Blackburn youth set up?

Just checked and yeah he’s on loan from City’s youth team. D’Margio Wright Phillips. Feel old yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ian Wright's GRANDSON.

Doesn’t Shaun Wright-Phillips have a kid in the Blackburn youth set up?

Just checked and yeah he’s on loan from City’s youth team. D’Margio Wright Phillips. Feel old yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do, but then I am anyway so that's probably realistic - Ian Wright was one of my customers when I ran a bank in East Croydon (though he was playing for Arsenal by then) & one of his wives (can't remember which number one) worked for me there for a time.

Only thing I can remember is that he used to get his car towed away from outside the branch regularly (it was on a red route) as he couldn't be arsed to park it somewhere sensible.

We missed 3 chances to join the EU bulk buy scheme for PPE. Ideology before lives. Utter, utter cunts.

We missed 3 chances to join the EU bulk buy scheme for PPE. Ideology before lives. Utter, utter cunts.

Whilst the excuses were clearly ideological the government may have got lucky here. If we'd have participated in the scheme we still wouldn't have ventilators as the scheme hasn't delivered any to date and an EU commissioner has stated it will take time.

The EU as a beaurocracy has handled this outbreak appallingly as their now ex chief medical officer has said. It has shown the EU's biggest failing and the disparity between Germany and Italy has been alarming.

So before we lambast the government for a decision they've made its probably best to have a look at the alternative people think they should've taken.

I think the government have gotten lucky rather than exercising judgement and they have clearly made other mistakes, this isn't one of them.

Whilst the excuses were clearly ideological the government may have got lucky here. If we'd have participated in the scheme we still wouldn't have ventilators as the scheme hasn't delivered any to date and an EU commissioner has stated it will take time.

The EU as a beaurocracy has handled this outbreak appallingly as their now ex chief medical officer has said. It has shown the EU's biggest failing and the disparity between Germany and Italy has been alarming.

So before we lambast the government for a decision they've made its probably best to have a look at the alternative people think they should've taken.

I think the government have gotten lucky rather than exercising judgement and they have clearly made other mistakes, this isn't one of them.

Hmm, our purchase of home grown ventilators is going fantastically well..

https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/1249781924308094976?s=21

It's not just ventilators though, we've missed out on masks, gowns and gloves as a result.

Plus, my point was more the fact that they were willing to put their ideology over the lives of British citizens rather than the success of the scheme itself. I'm also not denying that other European countries have fucked up in their response, but we have a special bunch of self serving wankers in charge.

It's not just ventilators though, we've missed out on masks, gowns and gloves as a result.

Plus, my point was more the fact that they were willing to put their ideology over the lives of British citizens rather than the success of the scheme itself. I'm also not denying that other European countries have fucked up in their response, but we have a special bunch of self serving wankers in charge.
ventilators, testing kits, ppe.........

Undoubtedly they are selfish arseholes, you'll have no argument from me there.

Edit: Also very refreshing to see Macron admit the French weren't ready at all. I'd like our government to admit this but I'm not sure many on this board would see it as anything but an incompetent hateful government prepared to let their citizens die.

That's just whataboutery though. The point was the government should've gone onto the EU procurement list and they're cunts for not doing it, but that's not the case.

Not really. Whataboutery is a very convenient term to use when you don’t want to respond. You said we were lucky to not have been forced to source ventilatiors through the EU scheme (which you would assume was not exclusive) as presumably you were supposing we could do better ourselves. 66 second hand ones from Germany and Holby City would suggest not.

We don’t really have much LWP though, the Guardian and possibly the Mirror? They don’t really compare for access and coverage to the papers owned by tax exiles.

The mirror is the sun
The guardian are the mail
The I are the telegraph

I’m probably missing someone though

Back