• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Comedians

Stewart Lee has a new DVD out - Carpet Remnant World

Has anybody seen or heard John Bishop do anything remotely funny yet, or is it just me ? Ive seen him on telly dozens of times and you're waiting for something funny and it never happens !

Has anybody seen or heard John Bishop do anything remotely funny yet, or is it just me ? Ive seen him on telly dozens of times and you're waiting for something funny and it never happens !

Yep. Saw him live a few months ago and he was superb

Saw him on his first tour when all his material was new and he was top drawer. That said a lot of his TV stuff is quite lame.

Jerry Sadowitz is touring again. He plays the wulfrun in February.

Is he anygood? I hear he makes YouTube take anything off that is put on of him.

He is superb - imo. Beyond close to the bone stuff, but a very, very funny show.
If you've never seen him, you really should at least once.
I'd love to see him do one of his proper magic shows, as he is amongst the best in the world for close up sleight of hand tricks.

I've seen him twice. Mate I took with me last time said that the only 2 people he's seen who were better, were Bill Hicks, & Doug Stanhope.

I used to think Sadowitz's TV show was brilliant. It got canned because his material was deemed offensive IIRC.

My fav at the moment is Bill Bailey
guy is hilarious, i love the piano bits especially. i seen him and dylan moran live, bailey is much better of the two. moran is exactly like his character on black books, which is funny, but nothing new.

thebear, ive got all series of bottom, one of my all time favourites. ive also seen the live show and the movie was ok.

what are monkey dust and nighty night? never heard of them

I hadn't heard of Nighty Night until we had Netflix and thought we'd give it a try. It's written by Julia Davis, who plays the lead role, and also stars Angus Deayton, Rebecca Front, Ruth Jones, Kevin 'Paddy' Eldon and Mark Gatiss.

It's very black humour at best and borderline distasteful at worst but its well written and has some very funny moments.

Stewart Lee has a new DVD out - Carpet Remnant World

Went to see that at the Symphony Hall - best thing I've been to for ages. So fucking funny!

Saw him a couple of weeks ago and was very funny.
Saw his tv show on friday night and alot of his lamer stuff from his stage show seemed to be on it.

OK langers, i will try to find some episodes to watch.

Oh I forgot- IT Crowd. Absolutely one of my favourites! Brilliant comedy. Out of the older ones, The Office was good although a bit repetative. Faulty Towers and Mr. Bean obviously. Young One's has it's moments, but bottom is much better. Alan Partridge is quite good. League of Gentleman I like but mostly because it's weird and different, some hilarious moments though.

Some series which people love that I really don't like, Monty Python. I'm sorry but there are 3-4 sketches I find funny in all series, rest is absolutely awful. Alo Alo and one foot in the grave are horrible. Only Fools and Horses has it's moments but it's mostly awful. Royle family is also a bit dull. My family is terrible I cannot believe it's so popular.

Can't think of anything else

OK langers, i will try to find some episodes to watch.

Oh I forgot- IT Crowd. Absolutely one of my favourites! Brilliant comedy. Out of the older ones, The Office was good although a bit repetative. Faulty Towers and Mr. Bean obviously. Young One's has it's moments, but bottom is much better. Alan Partridge is quite good. League of Gentleman I like but mostly because it's weird and different, some hilarious moments though.

Some series which people love that I really don't like, Monty Python. I'm sorry but there are 3-4 sketches I find funny in all series, rest is absolutely awful. Alo Alo and one foot in the grave are horrible. Only Fools and Horses has it's moments but it's mostly awful. Royle family is also a bit dull. My family is terrible I cannot believe it's so popular.

Can't think of anything else

Please leave, now!

You like Mr Bean but don't like Python?

How odd.

Anyone remember Clarence with Ronnie Barker? He played a short-sighted removals man who falls for the maid of a rich family and they move into a country cottage together.

Some very funny stuff in that.

And Only Fools and Horses is brilliant. My only criticisms are:

1. They should never have made any more after they became rich. Terrible decision and the ones they made at the end were crap.

2. It's on too much on GOLD these days. It can dilute the quality if its repeated too often.

Otherwise I adore it.

monty python is just too silly for me, i don't understand a lot of the jokes. the majority of the jokes seem to be a deadpan delivery while talking about something ridiculously silly.

i've seen nearly all of only fools and horses, and i somewhat enjoyed it, but just not classy well written humour compared to a series like blackadder for example. a bit too simple for my taste.

i'm not sure if any of you are into american comedy, but i can highly recommend It's always sunny in philadelphia. best series out at the moment, absolutely hilarious character driven humour about a bunch of dark & sociopathic misfit friends who run (very badly) an irish pub in philadelphia. has danny devito from the 2nd season on.

Monkey Dust is very dark animation humour, if you have a sadistic quirky sense of humour you'll love it.

Porridge, Only Fools and Horses are both quality sit-coms, but I'll never be able to shake Blackadder as the best comedy. It had a serious roll in shaping my humour and nurturing my sarcastic nature

The Bill Bailey sketch that stands out for me is when he's on about washing up on Acid, very true.....

Drop the Dead Donkey was one of my favourites from the 1990's. Well worth a watch on dvd.

Back