• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea Tickets

gopherjohn

Reaction score
Hello all.
I'm happy to find this forum. My family and I are visiting the UK for the first time from America and we're really trying to get to a Premier League match. We're staying in Blockley and the Wolves are the closest game to our location. We're from Minnesota and we also have the Wolves (MN's professional NBA team) so we're really trying to make this happen.

Here's the question. Certainly Chelsea has to be a large draw, but right now there are a number of tickets left with obscured viewing or in the corners, but also a number of great seats that might be available on resale. It's my understanding that the resale will only begin if the rest of the stadium is sold out.

It's going to be quite expensive for us to sign up for four memberships on top of the ticket prices, but for a once in a lifetime opportunity, it's something we would consider. But, if we are going to spend that kind of money, we'd prefer to have a decent seat.

Do you think that the game will sell out thus opening the resale tickets? Or, if those go on sale, there will be no chance at all of buying those seats? Is it worth it to pay for the corners at a cost of nearly 500 pounds for our family of four?

Thanks all!

Regards,

John from Minnesota

Doubt you'll get four together, but it'll probably go to general sale.

We don't have *bad* seats per se in the home areas. No joke views like you get at say, Goodison or Selhurst. The Steve Bull Lower is the worst stand by a mile but that's not your concern as Chelsea are in there. The uncovered stand is a problem if it rains of course. But in terms of view, it's basically fine wherever.

Our chairman will bloody love you, by the way. He doesn't like people like me who've been watching us for over 35 years.

963 tickets left, very surprised but then not surprised.

I hope there's a song "You greedy barstewards, you've priced our fans out".

Anyway, North Bank quadrant is ok for views, best atmosphere is South Bank, and away fans if Wolves losing :)-

Last edited:
The issue you may have is unless you have an existing supporter number/buying history our ticket office may be wary to sell to "newcomers" There will be Chelsea fans trying to get tickets in the home ends.

963 tickets left, very surprised but then not surprised.

I hope there's a song "You greedy barstewards, you've price dour fans out".

Anyway, North Bank quadrant is ok for views, best atmosphere is South Bank, and away fans if Wolves losing :)-
Fuck em, miserable bastards

Thanks all for your help. I'll let this play out a bit and see if in the end we can make it happen. Maybe we'll have a beautiful day and the uncovered seats won't be a problem. Maybe we'll just decide that 400+ quid could be better spent going out for a nice meal.

And, thank you SSB for your comment about an outsider. Are you saying that I could go through the process to become a member for my family of four (one at a kids rate) and even though the ticket purchase seems automated through a ticketmaster system, I could still be denied tickets?

Believe me, I absolutely hate sitting next to rival iowa fans at a Minnesota football game, but there's really not a lot that can be done about it here in the states. It would make sense to keep out the riff raff, but how do you let in a new fan?

Thx all!

I think you'd be better off ringing the ticket office and explaining the situation to them. They'll be able to register all of you and sort out supporter numbers for you. Then they can try and find you four tickets together, even if it means sitting in the uncovered stand (Just buy four of those cheap rain ponchos in advance just in case.)

At least this way you can hopefully get it all done in one phone call.

Hello all.
I'm happy to find this forum. My family and I are visiting the UK for the first time from America and we're really trying to get to a Premier League match. We're staying in Blockley and the Wolves are the closest game to our location. We're from Minnesota and we also have the Wolves (MN's professional NBA team) so we're really trying to make this happen.

Here's the question. Certainly Chelsea has to be a large draw, but right now there are a number of tickets left with obscured viewing or in the corners, but also a number of great seats that might be available on resale. It's my understanding that the resale will only begin if the rest of the stadium is sold out.

It's going to be quite expensive for us to sign up for four memberships on top of the ticket prices, but for a once in a lifetime opportunity, it's something we would consider. But, if we are going to spend that kind of money, we'd prefer to have a decent seat.

Do you think that the game will sell out thus opening the resale tickets? Or, if those go on sale, there will be no chance at all of buying those seats? Is it worth it to pay for the corners at a cost of nearly 500 pounds for our family of four?

Thanks all!

Regards,

John from Minnesota
If your willing to pay then corporate seating probably your best bet. Email fanservices@wolves.co.uk, they should be able to help advise.
1000025855.jpg

Back