• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (H) 25/8: Build-Up & Match Thread

Entertaining half. Gifted them two goals, worked hard to be level but could be in the lead.
Chelsea don't look like a team. Defensively very shaky but not as bad as us.
Ait-Nouri not good against Madueke and likewise, Gusto is lucky to be on the pitch.
I'm still finding it hard to believe we allowed shite like Jackson to score.
This is a game where one team needs to take control and cut out the errors. Whoever does that best will win.
I have fears for when Pedro comes on and just hope he doesn't come back to haunt us.

Also, two goals, one disallowed and crossbar hit (that was one hell of a move) - we’re not going to be boring this season.

Seen a few replays of their 2nd goal and the ball was definitely still moving IMO.
Agreed. Think bellegarde fouls in middle for our first. Not saying 2 wrongs make a right Ofcourse

MY BAD.
FIRST TIME PASS TO PALMER, SO NOT AS SIMPLE AS I THOUGHT AFTER SEEING A REPLAY. 😕

Also, two goals, one disallowed and crossbar hit (that was one hell of a move) - we’re not going to be boring this season.

Seen a few replays of their 2nd goal and the ball was definitely still moving IMO.
Didn't we hit the outside of the post as well?

The golf stand is the second Chelsea away end. Must be 100 of them, some more obvious than others

Looked like the ball was rolling on first viewing. Probably one of those things VAR can’t interfere with…
Don't see why not. It's a rule infringement in the build up to a goal.

If its not for that then what the hell is it for?

Great game! There`s more goals in this looking at both defences. Glad Strand- Larsons got his goal.

Well that was a very entertaining half, played by 2 teams who have no idea how to defend. But I'd rather watch games like this than a tight defensive game where we never look like scoring.

Larsen and Cunha both been excellent, Mario superb as well. I'm not going to blame Sa for their 2nd, he was pretty much where you'd expect a keeper to be on an opposition goal kick. Doherty was in no-man's land for their 1st, but has since been pretty decent. RAN really struggled early on, but made the first with a great run.

Jackson, Enzo, Jackson: 3 absolutely loathsome specimens for a thoroughly detestable club.
I agree - thoroughly detestable - really awful club on all fronts.

Fuck sake. We just had to let him score didn’t we?

Back