• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (H) 25/8: Build-Up & Match Thread

Really like the look of Larsen, couldn't understand the doubts about him in preseason at all
First time I’ve seen him. Looks a handful.

Also there’s something about a big centre forward winning headers defending free kicks. Not sure what it is 🥰

• Love
Reactions: jlo
Hwang definitely the weakest link in our attack. Just highlights the need for another pacey and tricky wide forward.

I actually watched a Koleosho video earlier today and he looks lively and can play both sides. Wouldn't be upset with him at all.

Personally think that’s harsh and I wouldn’t be directing the blame to Sa, most definitely as a first point of call.
Fair enough, I need to see the replay again but that's what I saw on first watch.

Larsen is a proper number 9 and looks feisty.

Hwang the weak link and hasn’t really got involved at all. Wouldn’t mind seeing Rodrigo on for him.

Witnessing possibly the two worst defences in the Premier League, could be anything.

Thing with Hwang playing that wide role is you’re not getting the best from him. He’s better at being in the box and getting on the end of stuff that he doesn’t need to think about.

I don’t think Gaz will hook Channy, but he’d be the one I’m taking off to get a bit more natural width on in Rodrigo.

Also, mentioned before the match but their full backs look suspect and we can get some joy attacking them.

Need to see again if ball is rolling or not. Ofcourse, if it is then it should’ve of stood.

Don’t want that to take away from the terrible defending though. Conceded 2 really poor goals.

Looked like the ball was rolling on first viewing. Probably one of those things VAR can’t interfere with…

Sa is in no man’s land, fair enough be out if Mosquera was in charge of the situation, but as soon as he was surrendering control he should have been retreating. Seemed he only started going back from the ball went into Palmer and it’s too late

Looked a foul by bellegarde for our first maybe?

Well that was a very entertaining half, played by 2 teams who have no idea how to defend. But I'd rather watch games like this than a tight defensive game where we never look like scoring.

Larsen and Cunha both been excellent, Mario superb as well. I'm not going to blame Sa for their 2nd, he was pretty much where you'd expect a keeper to be on an opposition goal kick. Doherty was in no-man's land for their 1st, but has since been pretty decent. RAN really struggled early on, but made the first with a great run.

Jackson, Enzo, Jackson: 3 absolutely loathsome specimens for a thoroughly detestable club.

Also, two goals, one disallowed and crossbar hit (that was one hell of a move) - we’re not going to be boring this season.

Seen a few replays of their 2nd goal and the ball was definitely still moving IMO.

Thing with Hwang playing that wide role is you’re not getting the best from him. He’s better at being in the box and getting on the end of stuff that he doesn’t need to think about.

I don’t think Gaz will hook Channy, but he’d be the one I’m taking off to get a bit more natural width on in Rodrigo.

Also, mentioned before the match but their full backs look suspect and we can get some joy attacking them.
He’s manifestly worse than Cunha and Strand so he needs benchin.

Back