• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (A) build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a Covid self test to do shortly. Can't wait to give that a go, I'm sure it'll be a more pleasant experience than watching this turgid dross...

If only elite football was that easy. He's getting in the box because Nuno has told him too. Doesn't mean it's any part of his skillset
So he can’t improve? I like him but his finishing is woeful.

We've gone from being the scourge of the top teams to the plucky nomarks getting praise for keeping it tight.

Not sure that we have the players to do much else at the moment - no real central forward who can hold the ball up & bring others into play

Ait Nouri is struggling so if we are going for a 0 - 0 then bring Saiss on - given the possession stats it won't make much difference to our attack anyway.

Been solid, it's definitely a start. And nothing wrong with it away at Chelsea, no matter their form.

Semedo been very good. Ait Nouri has done well since CHO rinsed him after two minutes. Only been beaten round the outside once since and he did enough to not allow a good cross in which Coady cleared.

Need more on the ball as the game goes on in the second half. We started to work out that we needed to play through Neves and Donck but aside from a couple of neat moves struggled to do it.

Would definitely get WJ on 60-65 minutes in.
I'm happy with that. It's Chelsea away. If we get a point from this i'll be fucking ecstatic! Got to build from that solid base again.

We've gone from being the scourge of the top teams to the plucky nomarks getting praise for keeping it tight.
We have zero attacking threat that’s why. Without a holding centre forward we rely on set pieces or thirty yarders. WJ may be tailor made to bring Neto and Traore into a game but it does need better creativity from the midfield and better crossing from the wing backs.

I get what Nuno is doing here, we need a clean sheet and need some confidence back. I totally understand that but this isn't good, there's better ways of going about it imo. Being solid doesn't mean you can't attack either, we have no patterns to play out from the back with and aimless hoofs look exactly what they are. As i've said i totally understand it but this is the reason i refuse to watch games that teams like Newcastle are involved in because it's just not what football is supposed to be about for me. It's not enjoyable.

I've got a Covid self test to do shortly. Can't wait to give that a go, I'm sure it'll be a more pleasant experience than watching this turgid dross...
STOP WATCHING THEN !!!!

It’s been ok, in that Chelsea havent worried Rui at all, but conversely we’ve not worried their keeper either.

the central two are bothering me, because we don’t have a base to give the front three anything to work from, they’re being closed down and can’t get anything started.

need one or two of the front five to step up this half.

Crouchy & Rio slating us at half time there. Understandable from a neutrals point of view - that was awful to watch from us.

From our point of view - it’s nice to get in to half time 0-0 when they’ve had so much of the ball, and they’ve not really created much bar that dangerous cross early on.

So far so good, dunno what everyone was expecting with this line up and system. Think we've defended quite well on the whole and managed to fashion a few half chances later in the half

It’s been ok, in that Chelsea havent worried Rui at all, but conversely we’ve not worried their keeper either.

the central two are bothering me, because we don’t have a base to give the front three anything to work from, they’re being closed down and can’t get anything started.

need one or two of the front five to step up this half.
It's definitely killing us not having that centre forward to play it to and hold the ball up. This is why we are so disjointed up front.

Think we need to get a focal point on ASAP or we're just gonna lose this 1-0

So far so good, dunno what everyone was expecting with this line up and system. Think we've defended quite well on the whole and managed to fashion a few half chances later in the half
“A few” - Donks header.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back