• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ched Evans + Adam Johnson court cases

I give up. Absolutely give up.

You aren't covering yourself with glory here at all. I will leave you to it and go off thankful you have absolute fuck all to do with lawmaking in this country.

I'd guess good indicators would be age, physical maturity, actions taken when presented with the possibility of a physical relationship, emotional response to said relationship and other further investigation.

In cases where someone pleads insanity or mental instability that is assessed to see whether it is open to mitigation of the offence.
Some very wishy-washy sounding factors in there if you ask me.

Will Johnson be required to attend counseling?

I give up. Absolutely give up.

You aren't covering yourself with glory here at all. I will leave you to it and go off thankful you have absolute fuck all to do with lawmaking in this country.
I guess a few hundred years ago you'd have been one of those people who would be lining up to burn witches and throw rotten fruit at public executions. After all they were guilty under the law of the time.

At least that's how you're coming across.

Some very wishy-washy sounding factors in there if you ask me.
If a person's actions and emotional responses to their actions is wishy-washy then I guess all mitigation under the law is wishy-washy as well.

I guess a few hundred years ago you'd have been one of those people who would be lining up to burn witches and throw rotten fruit at public executions. After all they were guilty under the law of the time.

I'm curious on your stance about rape victims and the clothes they were wearing and/or if they were drunk at the time of their attack.

I've got to get ready to go out for the night now so will be silent on the matter. I've had my say at least. At least we live in a time where freedom of speech and a different opinion is allowed.

Infinitely better than what you sound like you are coming across as.

You are talking complete and utter bollocks from start to finish. On top of that misogynist deeply unpleasant bollocks to boot.

How dare you try and imply I am in the wrong for pulling you up for your illicit endorsement of an illegal act with "she was asking for it" claptrap.

How deeply, deeply offensive.

Lol. How very dare I have a different opinion?

If a person's actions and emotional responses to their actions is wishy-washy then I guess all mitigation under the law is wishy-washy as well.
They're impossibly difficult things to measure though you must agree? And the amount of variables involved could be massive.

You want to gauge someone's actions in response to a potential physical relationship so you need to factor in what's being proposed, who by, the timing and situation of such proposal. Few black marks against those criteria could easily sway someone's reaction massively making things look very different.

Say some 15 year old girl is out enjoying some 79p per litre cider in the park with some school mates, some chavvy scrote proposes they nip behind some bushes for a bit of finger banging, would accepting or refusing the offer show a greater sign of sexual maturity in your eyes?

On here we're putting it in a black and white way, but the court has heard the full facts from both sides. Johnson had a defence team arguing his case. In the light of all that, the jury has returned their verdict and the judge has passed what he considers an appropriate sentence. I really can't see how anyone can come to the conclusion that any sort of injustice has been done.

Having quickly read back my comments to Pad I retract them. I don't want to antagonise you into a personal argument. That's not my style, or at least I try not to be. Apologies for any offence.

That is because your workmate got far too little rather than Johnson has been treated harshly. If it was rape of a 4 year old he should have been looking at life.

If it was rape of a four year old it should have been life with the keys thrown away.

Evans appeal verdict due
Football

Dan Roan
BBC Sports editor
Posted at
08:44
To the High Court, where footballer Ched Evans will learn at 09:30 BST whether his appeal against his rape conviction has been successful. The three judges have had three options to consider; to dismiss Evans' appeal, to quash his rape conviction, or to order a retrial.

Few footballers have ever caused the sport the kind of soul-searching that Evans has. Thursday's decision will spark more national debate

Back