• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ched Evans + Adam Johnson court cases

Hmm, not sure he's that much different to many 22 year old lads. Yes, I know there are some very good souls on here before I get the 'I wasn't'.

Well if it's normal for 22 year old lads to walk in on their mate having sex with a woman who is in a questionable state, take their turn and then leave via the fire escape while not saying a single word to the girl before, during or after the sex then I fear for my daughter when she grows up.

Well if it's normal for 22 year old lads to walk in on their mate having sex with a woman who is in a questionable state, take their turn and then leave via the fire escape while not saying a single word to the girl before, during or after the sex then I fear for my daughter when she grows up.

Totally agree I have two daughters and if what penk believes is true God help them.

Indeed. Can't say I know any 22 year olds who have done anything like that, nor had I heard anyone I knew do that when I was in my early 20's. I could be living in some sort of bubble I guess but that's not normal behaviour surely?

I wouldn't say that what Evans did was the norm but i'd say there were a fair percentage of lads around that age that have no problem about doing something similar. It seems like more and more young lads and girls are idolising wasters from Geordie Shore and Ex on the beach and all that sort of shite.

We're not perfect but i was saying to a young lad about something his mate did imagine if that was your daughter, would you be happy? Apparently that's different though.

Probably not quite how Dan has put it, but I know plenty of people that have twos up on a girl.

Not all girls would get themselves in that situation though, so I guess you probably won't have to worry about your daughters too much.

The only issue is whether everyone involved is a consenting adult. We need to get away from this attitude that it's somehow it's OK for blokes to enjoy sex in any way they like but women are somehow immoral if they do anything vaguely unusual.

In rape trials, defence lawyers are banned from cross-examining an alleged victim about their sexual behaviour or history to protect them from humiliating treatment.

But there can be exceptional reasons to ditch that rule in the interests of a fair trial. The Court of Appeal said Mr Evans's case was one of those very rare exceptions.

It said that two other men who had sex with the woman had described their encounters with her in highly specific terms that were virtually indistinguishable from Mr Evans's own account of what had happened.

One of the encounters occurred days before the alleged rape - and the other in the days that followed.

On each occasion the woman had been drinking heavily and the sex occurred in a very specific way - including the words she used to encourage her partner.
Each time she woke up saying she had no memory of what had happened.

Lady Justice Hallett, one of the country's top judges, said that these events were so similar to what Mr Evans had described that a jury had to hear about them before deciding whether the woman had been incapable of giving her consent.

Plenty of relevance in the end then. Turns out they're both as bad as each other.

It really shouldn't have ended up in court given the above. She knew full well it had happened before and since. She probably thought she'd be in for a nice pay day no matter what the outcome, because of who it was.

Still doesn't excuse him cheating on his missus with a girl he'd never met before while his mates tried to film it though. Or her for allowing the prosecution to go to trial.

Except this evidence didn't become available until his Mrs had put up £50k for people to come forward, coincidence?

I think that is the really appalling thing about all this. Bribing witnesses to suddenly remember all these key details...

Yeah it stinks really.

But if that is what is needed to get people to come forward then I don't blame them for offering it. I'm guessing people that had slept with her before just didn't want to be involved in such a high profile case in case their details got out.

Pad - I assume that even though it was the police who decided to go forward with the prosecution it was still within her rights to drop any charges and stop it going to trial? I have no idea how these things work in those situations.

She can decide not to press charges. The decision really rests with the CPS. At first instance they had a good case. At appeal they didn't because the defendant's family effectively paid witnesses to give new evidence.

It stinks. Personally I don't care about similar fact shenanigans. She claimed she was raped. And is now being painted as the villain by a complete scumbag cockpocket. Some justice that. I fully expected reported rape figures to drop as a direct result and those involved in the defence should be ashamed.

I'm guessing people that had slept with her before just didn't want to be involved in such a high profile case in case their details got out.

Did they sleep with her though or were the details 'strikingly similar' because they were published in the first trial and therefore they knew what to say? I have no idea, but it stinks

I doubt the amount of cases which allow sexual activity to be allowed as evidence will go up. Though the public perception will undoubtedly affect the number of reported cases as you say, which is very sad.

As far as this case goes, she should never have allowed it to go to trial and he did whatever he had to do to get his conviction overturned. A conviction which he shouldn't have gotten in the first place really. Just two degenerates having a sexual encounter. Neither of them comes out of it with any sympathy really. Maybe Evans slightly because he shouldn't have been convicted in the first place.

She felt she was raped. Of course she should be allowed to push it to trial. She is the victim here.

And Evans damn well should have been convicted. It is a disgraceful decision against justice that the wanker has got off.

So why haven't the CPS or the woman gone after the other blokes who gave evidence that was "virtually indistinguishable" from Evans' sexual experience?

Why was Evans' rape but the others wasn't?

Because they have been paid to recall this shit.

Whether they have been paid or not surely it has had to be proven to be true. Evans is obviously a questionable character but there has to be more to it than the new witnesses were paid off.

They were told there was a £50k reward for assisting. Evans evidence was public knowledge. Pretty easy to match up to it.

Back