• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ched Evans + Adam Johnson court cases

Johnson has been remanded in custody until the judge makes his decision, expected to be within 30 minutes.

Court considering banning Adam Johnson from using the Internet.

Not entirely sure how that would even work

That's what I thought. He still played for England, they cannot change that.

I presume the actual caps he has (12?) will have to be given back to the F.A

I guess it's the football equivalent of having a Knighthood or an Honour removed after being convicted of a serious crime

Judge says Johnson has no remorse and because his guilty pleas were so late no more than 10% reduction in sentence - long stretch coming

Heading for long sentence I think as the judge labels his crimes Cat 1A - The Most Serious

The prosecution wanted 12 years, they may not be too far off getting their wish.

Adam Johnson has been sentenced to 6 years in prison.

3 years probably, then released on good behaviour. Doesn't seem a lot for the crimes commited imo

Hasn't he already lodged an appeal against his conviction?

Lodged the appeal before sentencing (for 1 count, obviously he pleaded guilty to the 2 lesser charges so he can't appeal them of course)

Well, that's an extremely harsh sentence given the age of the girl involved and the circumstances of the case.

However he only has himself to blame by not pleading guilty straight away. Even if he didn't feel like he was guilty at first, he surely would have been advised to do so by his council, and should have listened. In these cases you'll never convince a court of your innocence so you have to at least act contritional no matter what your feelings on the situation are.

Well, that's an extremely harsh sentence given the age of the girl involved and the circumstances of the case.

However he only has himself to blame by not pleading guilty straight away. Even if he didn't feel like he was guilty at first, he surely would have been advised to do so by his council, and should have listened. In these cases you'll never convince a court of your innocence so you have to at least act contritional no matter what your feelings on the situation are.

Harsh? For grooming a child whom he knew had just turned 15, then going on to sexual activity with her? I'd say he got off lightly.

Back