• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff (H) 19/08: Build-Up

At least it wasn't pissing down with rain or anything...

In all seriousness, I blame me getting turned away, not on the fact it was full and had people spilling out of the doors, but on Banjo's camp running up to the front door.

Unfortunately Banjo can't make this weekend, but Steve & I will be in town around 12.15pm. We'll want to eat, so may sort that first and then find you lads after that. I'll message you on the day to find out where you are, Dan.

Stevo's in town??? Aces!

monkey_black2.jpg

They tried to turn me away from the London when I'd only popped out for a fag. I was standing right next to the bellface while I was smoking and he saw me go out, then put up no resistance when I told him I'd just come out to smoke.

Dunno whether the kids will like it in there, they're usually pretty good with pubs so they should be OK.

It's been kitted out with students in mind so I think there's a Mega Drive and other such devices dotted around.

Got a spare ticket for this one if anyone is interested (in the south bank at the top in the middle of the goal) its a season ticket but my mom cant make the game so happy for someone to use it for this game.

PM me and let me know.

Thanks

A great start, 3 wins when I would have taken 3 draws. Win on Saturday and I will really start to get excited. It's the first game we'll have where the primary focus of the opposition is to stop us rather than play themselves, so in a strange way our toughest task so far and more representative of what we'll face for the rest of the season than the first 3 games were.

I don't buy into Colin having some sort of epiphany and now being attack minded, he'll put men behind the ball and mix up trying to play on the counter with the long ball, he's done it for 30 years he's not going to change now. This is the man who told Craig Short to break Bully's fucking legs, so I have a fair idea on how he'll set up to stop us and particularly Neves. I hope we have a strong ref and take them to the cleaners.

what a wanker that Warnock - just re-lived the infamous match Sheff Utd v West Brom when he orchestrated ending up with 6 men, hoping for a reply. Cheating bastard !!

I think Coady will do a good job with the ref on Saturday. Problem is half the time these refs don't give fouls because it's on foreign players, they fall into the stereotype trap.

I'm thinking warnocks going to come over all corporal jones out of dads army and kick lumps out of us,because these foreigners don't like it up em,they'll struggle to match us skills wise so will go for the shin kicking competition. I really really want us to thrash them,just to see him whinge and moan how we're buying the league etc etc

I'm thinking warnocks going to come over all corporal jones out of dads army and kick lumps out of us,because these foreigners don't like it up em,

Well that's what Rowett told his players last week (they ignored him though, which he wasn't happy about)

A great start, 3 wins when I would have taken 3 draws. Win on Saturday and I will really start to get excited. It's the first game we'll have where the primary focus of the opposition is to stop us rather than play themselves, so in a strange way our toughest task so far and more representative of what we'll face for the rest of the season than the first 3 games were.

I don't buy into Colin having some sort of epiphany and now being attack minded, he'll put men behind the ball and mix up trying to play on the counter with the long ball, he's done it for 30 years he's not going to change now. This is the man who told Craig Short to break Bully's fucking legs, so I have a fair idea on how he'll set up to stop us and particularly Neves. I hope we have a strong ref and take them to the cleaners.

They had about 40% possession last night, so I guess his tactics are still the same.

From watching the Cardiff highlights they have played very poor teams so far the defending for Sheff Utd in particular was really bad with Villa not far behind. Mendes-Laing looks to have really come on but the chances he got in those games won't be there against us I suspect. Should be a good game but if we are at our best I would expect us to win.

Well that's what Rowett told his players last week (they ignored him though, which he wasn't happy about)

Not sure whether they ignored him or they just couldn't get near us as we were far too good.

Hull have bid 10m for Zahore. I wonder if it's enough to unsettle him ahead of Saturday.

they really need to get a great striker onboard now when Abel is out for many months..

What would really unsettle for Saturday would be if we bid about £12m

Been on some Cardiff forums for a snoop, and as with every opponent of ours so far this season, their fans seem confident of spanking us and think we're arrogant. They also don't agree that our games have been harder than theirs so far. Reality check required in Wales methinks.

I do think this will be a tight game but given some of the stuff we've been playing, I think we'll come through it. Wouldn't change the team.

Burton, an awful Villa and Sheff Utd are somehow equivalent to Boro, Derby and Hull?!

bCOXQXL.gif

They beat Hull 3 - 2 last night.

Hull drew with Villa.

We thrashed villa and should have scored 6 goals.

Early form doesn't mean much but where do they get their optimism from? The money they've spent?

May as well stay at home, we're losing this one lads.

May as well stay at home, we're losing this one lads.

That's pretty barmy convoluted logic on predicting a result.

If they want to accuse us of arrogance then it's pretty hypocritical considering what Warnock spouted after we beat them in may.
I'd say we're just optimistic because of the start we have made and how we've played.

Seriously don't think it's possible to kick teams of the park nowadays, couple of tough challenges maybe. Almost certain if you offered warnock a 0-0 draw now he'd snap your hand off.
He's good at what he does makes teams hard to beat playing effective football and utilities set pieces.
Good championship manager but has proven to be pretty useless in the top flight.

That's pretty barmy convoluted logic on predicting a result.

If they want to accuse us of arrogance then it's pretty hypocritical considering what Warnock spouted after we beat them in may.
I'd say we're just optimistic because of the start we have made and how we've played.

Warnock was right at the time. We wouldn't improve with Lambert at the helm. I imagine he'll have a different tune on Saturday.

Back