• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff City (H) 02nd March - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I miss a game it's usually crap* and/or we lose, and I'm glad I'm sat watching on tele. I'm going tomorrow.

*Apologies to those with a more positive outlook

Happy matchday eve, everyone.

Don't forget to leave your pumpkins out tonight so Colin doesn't send his players to kick you in the night.

Ruddy is playing tomorrow.

It's a #facht, Roberto.

Nuno said.

It's to "get him ready for the cup game" but I don't entirely buy that. Maybe he's sick of Rui kicking like a flid, I don't know.

It's a #facht, Roberto.

Nuno said.

It's to "get him ready for the cup game" but I don't entirely buy that. Maybe he's sick of Rui kicking like a flid, I don't know.

Wow. Ok. Seems a bit odd, but on the flip side, we must really be going for it in the FA cup, which makes a nice change.

It's a #facht, Roberto.

Nuno said.

I've had to unfollow quite a lot of 'supporters' on Twitter due to their pathetic, attention seeking reactions to this.

Rui obviously dropped a clanger in the reverse - maybe he trusts Ruddy more given who we're facing?

Coming to claim it on hoofs etc?

I've had to unfollow quite a lot of 'supporters' on Twitter due to their pathetic, attention seeking reactions to this.

People are mental, I swear.

If anyone fancies a beer in town tonight, I'm out with the Portugeezers. Hit me up if you're interested.

Quite the surprise and I don't totally believe that it is just for the cup - but on the positive side it shows we really want to go for it as DDW says.

Ruddy can be a bit more authoritative when claiming crosses so perhaps it is that. Let's hope he does well.

I thought it would be so he could play Rui in the cup, but Nuno says Ruddy will be playing against Utd. I reckon it's just Rui not being at his best recently, and him kicking like a three year old toddler.

I wouldn’t say Ruddy’s kicking is any better than rui’s

Got no problem with playing Ruddy v Cardiff (not as if it's v Man City & nothing more than he faced last season anyway)

Ruddy will play in the Cup as can't see that Nuno would change it at this stage. Only know whether it's due to injury or not when we see the subs list for tomorrow

I wouldn’t say Ruddy’s kicking is any better than rui’s

It probably isn’t, but Rui does actually kick like a girl. It’s not the kicks going out for throws that’s the problem. It’s the ones which when the Ball is played back to him he slices/kicks straight to the opposition setting up a chance.

He’s be better off just launching it over the half way line or anywhere out of play but he can’t reach as he appears to kick like a 12 yr old.

Watching the game on Tuesday I thought is kicking was ok, he even played it short a few times.

Ruddy's kicking is better than Rui's IMO. Certainly less of a liability than Patricio in that aspect as he isn't as one-footed and there aren't many times that I can remember where Ruddy's kicks directly led to an opposition channce.

Nuno is probably expecting Cardiff to press Patricio and put him under pressure when trying to claim crosses so I can see the logic.

Might Nuno have been better not announcing this change? Warnock will have been banging on about putting a "weak" keeper under pressure, it being Ruddy would have been a shock to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back