• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff City (H) 02nd March - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will see a reaction to the midweek result. Resting Neves is a possibility. If we do, Saiss will come in I reckon.

Fairly sure (hopeful) we'll obtain a win here, and such a result will hopefully lead towards a positive March.

I don't see the back 3 changing, and am sure we'll stick with our 3-5-2.

A reaction is likely - we don't want to be going all Cardiff, but will need players who get in their face as the only hope they have is to pump balls into the box & press hard to hurry us.

Midfield, particularly needs to be able to withstand that. Inclined to play Saiss & Dendoncker there with Moutinho further forward & then Jota/Jiminez up front.

They are not the most technically enabled team we face, but will need to stand up to the physical challenge which they will bring.

One of the challenges will be how we deal with the 2nd ball from anything pumped into the box. It was clear that Warnock targeted that in the reverse fixture, we are a little slow to the 2nd ball imo and Cardiff played on this.

Would definitely play Jonny, he was our best player on Tuesday.

Agree Aiki. Cannot at all understand anyone suggesting he be "rested".

You’d hope that our ability can beat their physicality - I’m all for playing our game rather than theirs - although with a bit more pace and urgency than there was on Tuesday.

I think that's a bit unfair to Saiss, he's been efficient and tidy on the ball when playing, he's a perfectly capable rotational player.

A reaction is likely - we don't want to be going all Cardiff, but will need players who get in their face as the only hope they have is to pump balls into the box & press hard to hurry us.

Midfield, particularly needs to be able to withstand that. Inclined to play Saiss & Dendoncker there with Moutinho further forward & then Jota/Jiminez up front.

They are not the most technically enabled team we face, but will need to stand up to the physical challenge which they will bring.

Careful, Parkin, when I suggested this I was told that I shouldn't change the team to suit our opponents, even though I was just answering those that were advocating using MGW and Vinagre, who I think may not be physical enough to start against Cardiff.

Vinagre played away at Cardiff tbf and was one of the few to come out with any credit.

Vinagre would be fine - he's quick enough to get away from the agricultural challenges :icon_smile:

I'd happily play Vinagre for this. We know what we are going to get and his pace and directness could help. I can't personally see the MGW argument though based on how he's been for the last couple of months. Don't change the formation, just move the ball quicker and get Donck hitting the box like he was up until a couple of weeks ago.

Agreed that I'm always perfectly happy to see Vinagre come in. Given how hard our wingbacks work every game I wouldn't mind seeing them rotated a bit more regularly, just as a matter of freshness. Didn't Doherty have a really productive return to the team after the the last time he was rested?

I'd be weary of starting MGW who seems to get worse the more playtime he gets. Still want to see him being included/developed but hasn't convinced me to start, especially over Saiss.

Nice weather you guys got here in wolverhampton

Just got fucking soaked picking up the dog and buying a kebab. It's glorious out there. You missed the two good days and it will now be utterly apocalyptic while you are here.

Just got fucking soaked picking up the dog and buying a kebab. It's glorious out there. You missed the two good days and it will now be utterly apocalyptic while you are here.

No rain forecast at all tomorrow?

Saturday is a bit hit and miss.

Cardiff if 7/1 to win this game. That seems a touch generous for anyone who wants to take out an insurance policy

Cardiff if 7/1 to win this game. That seems a touch generous for anyone who wants to take out an insurance policy

Could have some merit - I’m coming down for this match, last 3 times I’ve been down were Huddersfield, Watford and Palace......

It actually looks not too bad so you will be okay I guess. Shame you missed Tuesday and Wednesday as they were absolutely glorious for February.

Good job I'm coming up to this one, to cancel out NE66 Wolf. Been up to 3, Saints, Buffmuff and Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back