• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff City (H) 02nd March - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruddy will command the area and take out all the humps launched into there...I hope

It’s the ones which when the Ball is played back to him he slices/kicks straight to the opposition setting up a chance.

Its this that is the problem.
The ball can be played back to him with no-one around and for some reason, Rui never even takes one touch to steady himself, he seems to instantly shit his pants and just hit it.

Ruddy is perfectly capable, Rui is a better keeper but only by a bit imo, surprisingly the fb group I'm on was very positive, most were happy to see Ruddy come in, the most negative comment I saw was 'I'm not too sure about it'

Patricio's effort for Cardiff's equaliser is the most angry I've been for a long time, although Doherty's versus Huddersfield at home ran it close. Seems Nuno hasn't forgotten. I'm another that doesn't believe the Cup reason, but expect Rui in goal at Chelsea.

For tomorrow's game specifically I don't see a HUGE problem with it, although I am a bit disappointed as I think Rui is fucking excellent (kicking aside).

I don't buy the cup excuse either, I think this is a bit of a kick up the arse to get Rui SUPER motivated for the Chelsea game.

We really need to make sure we win tomorrow. There can be no excuses after the poor outing at Huddersfield. We can't expect favours from whomever Watford are playing every week, and even if that did occur, other sides will get themselves back into the mix for seventh. I would much prefer a straight shootout between ourselves and Watford.

Either keeper should be capable of dealing with anything Cardiff can throw at us (Hoilett worldies notwithstanding), so maybe this is a relatively risk-free way of sending Rui to the naughty step to practise his kicking. I too would be surprised if he didn't start against Chelsea.

That’s interesting to say the least. I thought Rui’s kicking was OK on Tuesday night, and he dealt with a couple of early corners really well. Blimey, Tim II even gave him a 7. The one criticism I’d make of him from Tuesday was that 2 or 3 times he was very slow to take goal kicks and really slowed the game down. But then we took ages over throw-ins on Tuesday as well…

Speculation on twitter that we will line up like this?

Ruddy

Bennett
Coady
Boly

Adama
Saiss
Moutinho/Neves
MGW
Vinagre

Raul
Jota

Surely not? Nuno trying to work out how we play more proactively against teams who are more likely to set up to frustrate us?

Edit: I've seen the source is someone on MolMix saying there is a 'team sheet' doing the rounds. I can rest a little easier now.... time to get the train up from London!

En route. Cass is having her eyebrows done first so if anyone fancies asking her what’s up with her face feel free.

Slight train delays so we're likely to be in the London around 12.30ish

Speculation on twitter that we will line up like this?

Ruddy

Bennett
Coady
Boly

Adama
Saiss
Moutinho/Neves
MGW
Vinagre

Raul
Jota

Surely not? Nuno trying to work out how we play more proactively against teams who are more likely to set up to frustrate us?

Edit: I've seen the source is someone on MolMix saying there is a 'team sheet' doing the rounds. I can rest a little easier now.... time to get the train up from London!

Initial response.

Adama as a wing back replacing Doherty who does that job only better and has been a consistent performer and scorer. Mmmmm.

No issue with Ruddy.

No issue with Vinagre if hard on Jonny.

MGW has been in dogshit form . if he starts today he needs to show more strength ,guile and appreciation of getting the basics right. Surprisingly I dreamt he scored against Cardiff, so there's one for Darlo! He has 6 league starts,c4 fa cup starts 2 league cup starts so that would make today his .......... Drum roll........ 13th!

I think the idea with Traore and Vinagee would be to give us the option to play around Cardiff if they play a back five or sit deep. That may be what we are expecting and it would be silly to try doing the same things that haven’t work for us in that scenario. Equally, Adama in that position has the potential to go very badly wrong!

Think people are being overly harsh (and I have no idea why) with Morgan. He was OK at Huddersfield and nearly scored against Bristol City. It’s not that long ago that people were calling for Joao to be dropped for him and when he was dropped against Newcastle in December some went mental. Now they are calling for him to be loaned out. He’s an 18/19 year old kid who will have good and bad runs of form. All he needs is time.

I think the idea with Traore and Vinagee would be to give us the option to play around Cardiff if they play a back five or sit deep. That may be what we are expecting and it would be silly to try doing the same things that haven’t work for us in that scenario. Equally, Adama in that position has the potential to go very badly wrong!

Think people are being overly harsh (and I have no idea why) with Morgan. He was OK at Huddersfield and nearly scored against Bristol City. It’s not that long ago that people were calling for Joao to be dropped for him and when he was dropped against Newcastle in December some went mental. Now they are calling for him to be loaned out. He’s an 18/19 year old kid who will have good and bad runs of form. All he needs is time.

I get that but two or three times recently he has tried something unnecessarily flashy like a flick or a dummy or half cryuff turn and lost possession and the move breaks down, even when a simpler option was available. Choose your moment is all I am asking.

I would much rather that his creativity isn’t coached out of him. He will learn the more he plays

I would much rather that his creativity isn’t coached out of him. He will learn the more he plays

Exactly, he doesnt need to be "McCarthy'd" he just needs to learn the areas he can and can't attempt/get away with it.

Jota had the same issue early season and it just took time for him to grasp we'd be punished unlike when he did similar downstairs.

Hmmm...Traore splits opinion already, playing him in an unusual position like that could be throwing him under the bus.
For me he's an impact player and nothing more.
I'd just play our usual game with minimal changes, no fannying around and let Cardiff worry about us.

I don’t mind the idea of Traore coming on at rwb if we’re chasing a goal as we can get the ball out to him and he can do what he does best and run down the wing but I can’t see us doing it from the start.

Traore starting at RWB, ha ha i though i was the only one drinking cypro.
someone is having a larf.

Odd selection then. Must have decided to just go for it after playing to their strengths in the last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back