• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff City (H) 02nd March - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like with Vinny it'd just end up being loads of early crosses into the box which is playing to Cardiff's strengths really whereas Jonny & Doc are more inclined to try and work the ball into the box and pull players out of position.

If Vinny can wait until Doc catches up then deep crosses could be an option. Need Donk to attack the middle with Raul if we are to take the centre backs out of that situation.

Could work.

I just feel that Vinagre would push forwards rather more than Jonny - although I wouldn't want us to adapt to suit Cardiff the way we did at their place. Vinny's pace out wide should cause them some problems.

I have a feeling that we might see some full scale shithousing by Warnock, as they badly need to pick up some points. They're not going to come here and try and attack us playing decent football.

I would swap Donk for MGW. The former was very negative last night and still refuses to pass with his left foot when it's on.

Let MGW play between the lines and try and make something happen. Cardiff aren't going to push forward in midfield so Neves/Moutinho should be fine.

IMO both Vinagre and MGW are not strong enough to play against Cardiff, certainly not from the start of the game.

I'd play Saiss and Dendonker in MF with Moutino backing Jota and Jiminez. Usual three at the back flanked by Doc and Jonny.

I would swap Donk for MGW. The former was very negative last night and still refuses to pass with his left foot when it's on.

Let MGW play between the lines and try and make something happen. Cardiff aren't going to push forward in midfield so Neves/Moutinho should be fine.

Erm, so you'd take out our most physical midfielder, the pick of our three midfielders last night, and replace him with our most lightweight midfielder, a player who has struggled to influence a game in three months? Against the most physical side in the league?

OK.

IMO both Vinagre and MGW are not strong enough to play against Cardiff, certainly not from the start of the game.

I'd play Saiss and Dendonker in MF with Moutino backing Jota and Jiminez. Usual three at the back flanked by Doc and Jonny.

That's going down the lines of us worrying about them, rather than the other way around, though. We tried to beat them at their own game when we lost to them earlier in the season and I don't want to see another repeat performance.

Play a side that is going to get on the front foot from the off. If we get in front, I feel we will be strong enough to win. We can always bring on Saiss and the other 'physical' lads once we get ourselves in front to deal with their shithouse tactics.

I agree Jinky.

Had we played our own game at their place we would have beaten them quite comfortably. I don't think Nuno will make that mistake twice.

Regardless of how we set up on Saturday I think the most important thing is that we show the intensity and belief in ourselves that was missing last night.

I’d like to see Vinagre start this one. Would also be happy to see MGW come in for Neves, after his performance yesterday. I don’t see Cardiff giving us the space in behind the full backs for Neves to hit those raking passes - so let MGW play between the lines and let Vinny have a run at their full backs. Doesn’t bother me if it’s Doc or Jonny that makes way.

Would prefer to see Jonny kept in, he was our best player last night. Doc had a poor game, but he often has a poor game and then bounces back with a good game. Tough call for Nuno.

Hello everyone. Fourth home game of the season for me, I've made it away 3 times. Yet to see a defeat, never been happier as a Wolves fan in, uhm, 35 years or however long. FWIW I'd be happy to see the same team but think Lycan's comment above is spot on. Plenty of compelling reasons for changes but, if fatigue isn't an issue, they're our best XI, they're light years ahead of the opposition and it's their job to get out there and deliver like we know they can. The big thing for me is that it's my daughter's 8th birthday on the day itself, she's in the programme and her indoctrination process has been so effective that I can't contemplate the impact of a loss. She "hates Cardiff City" after August 2017 so this is a big one.

Erm, so you'd take out our most physical midfielder, the pick of our three midfielders last night, and replace him with our most lightweight midfielder, a player who has struggled to influence a game in three months? Against the most physical side in the league?

OK.
He's not our most physical. Moutinho and Neves both get stuck in just as much. And as for last night he was as hopeless as Neves.

The donk is by far our most physical midfielder, most physical player we have after big willy. Physical doesnt mean putting in a tackle, its being strong, being able to hold up the ball, win air balls, etc.
Same formation for me, replace neves with saiss. After 60 minutes if were still tied, take off moutinho+donk+jota and put on neves+cavaliero+traore, go 3-4-3. We need raul to play the full 90 unless were up by atleast 2 goals, and gibbs white and vinagre too young and scrawny for this game

I think we'll lose this one.

Based on our previous exploits against the bottom clubs. I hope we win but I don't think we will, Cardiff will get about us and put us off our game. Neves will drop deeper and we'll get outnumbered in midfield, our fullbacks will get nullified by Cardiff defending wide and deep.

Really? Donk played a left footed 50 yard volleyed pass at one point last night. Anyone suggesting MGW play any part in any game right now clearly hasn't been watching him properly as he's miles off being good enough at the moment. If Cardiff do what Huddersfield did last night then we'll more than likely lose as Nuno still hasn't found a way round it.

Going to be an Interesting game on Saturday and one where both managers are expecting a reaction after bad performances.

Whilst I want to see Traore he will only ever be an impact sub for the last half hour.

Need to make up for the other night and just get the job done. Fancy us at home now to see them off 2 or 3-0

Raul to get back amongst it

A win to get us back on track ahead of a couple of tough games (even though we have performed well against those teams already). Also - I don't think I can handle Warnock doing the double over us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back