• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff Away Build Up Thread

Very odd. No Cav is especially a shock.

I imagine Jota behind a front two. Be surprised if either of Afobe or Leo play wide. Come on you wolves!

Hmmm not convinced by the thought of Afobe wide (I assume). Let's see what Nuno has in mind.

I’m willing to trust Nuno but it is bizarre on the face of it, I don’t think either Afobe or Bonatini are going to be particular adept at playing wide. Hope to be proven wrong.

That just somewhat random - really not sure how that 3 fit together

Still not what Warnock would have predicted so may upset his planning

Not keen on that front 3, Leo bang out of form and Afobe is not an IF. We will see but could be a cock up that one.

I think Nuno’s team selection has broken twitter or at least it seems to have broken mine.

I reckon it's a front two. Nuno working on the basis that Ben is fucking bobbins up front on his own, but we need his goal threat.

I wouldn't personally rest Cavaleiro. unless a doctor had pronounced him dead ??

I think Nuno’s team selection has broken twitter or at least it seems to have broken mine.

Not working on my phone but is on my laptop...

Think you might be right Dan. Big game for Leo, I hope he can find himself some form as he was brilliant first half of the season for us

Let their defenders/midfield get booked hacking down Bonatini, Jota and Afobe - then briung on a fresh Costa and Cavaleiro to attack them 2nd half... well its the best logic I can put to it!

Can’t seecthe point of playing against their CBs. Was looking forward to running rings round them. Hope Numo is not having a panic

I imagine Jota behind a front two. Be surprised if either of Afobe or Leo play wide. Come on you wolves!
Looks the most logical to be, neither Afobe or Bonatini are going to do anything in a wide position but Jota has been used off the forward before.

Could be detrimental to Douglas and Doherty though as they won't have that player in front of them to combine with going forwards or offer support when defending.

Back