• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff 0-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

'He can't kick a ball' is over the top nonsense. You might think his crossing delivery is poor or his striking technique isn't good enough but saying he can't kick a ball is a weird criticism of footballer

I'm not sure I actually ever said that and I can't be bothered to look. I've said he has poor technique striking a football. And I've been lynched for it.

EDIT - just seen it further up!! That is just colloquialism for saying he has poor technique striking it (as I have said numerous times). I apologise, that was me being lazy. But coincidently that's the time when I am jumped on and the rest of the time it is ignored and called bollocks. Never mind

No problem with a debate about perceived qualities or not of any player but be careful not to let it resort to tit for tat personal abuse.
Thanks.

It appears a certain few on this forum have very short memories... Let's journey back to when Ravij "no end product" Van La Parra whipped a pin point cross with a beautiful technique right onto the head of Edwards to win us the game vs Norwich.

It appears a certain few on this forum have very short memories... Let's journey back to when Ravij "no end product" Van La Parra whipped a pin point cross with a beautiful technique right onto the head of Edwards to win us the game vs Norwich.

Agreed was very nice. But I can remind of when he kicked ball out of play twice off a corner within 5 minutes. Both tell you nothing in isolation.

Agreed was very nice. But I can remind of when he kicked ball out of play twice off a corner within 5 minutes. Both tell you nothing in isolation.

You keep using 'technique' without having the first clue of what the word means or the context it is used. VLP's technique is probably one of the best in the team, his execution sadly is probably the most inconsistent and his football brain, one of the worst.

I suggest you stop using 'technique' to critisize VLP as its making you look a little silly. FWIW I don't think NWW is OTT just giving an opinion. I don't agree with it but that's my choice.

uploadfromtaptalk1425206764345.jpg

Certainly far from the finished article and like Sako can blow hot and cold, but these are impressive stats. Still to score a league goal though.

The thing for me is who gives a fuck if Rajiv's technique is poor or not exactly what is very pleasing on the eye. Does it work? Well it seems to as he has been vital for us this year with a number of assists and the odd goal. He could improve his decision making which i still think he will but as for his technique i think it's a pointless conversation.

It's a promising start for a player in a completely new environment. The raw talent is there so we just need to continue to utilise it to the best of our ability. He should only improve from the experience of this season.

You keep using 'technique' without having the first clue of what the word means or the context it is used. VLP's technique is probably one of the best in the team, his execution sadly is probably the most inconsistent and his football brain, one of the worst.

I suggest you stop using 'technique' to critisize VLP as its making you look a little silly. FWIW I don't think NWW is OTT just giving an opinion. I don't agree with it but that's my choice.

Well can you please educate me then? If his ability to strike a football is poor, is this not technique?

Well can you please educate me then? If his ability to strike a football is poor, is this not technique?

His ability to strike a football is pretty good. That is technique, it is absolute, it is at a level at a certain point in time. It can change over time but as professionals it will be a slower rate of change than a 10 year old novice for example.

His consistent ability to execute his technique on the pitch is where the argument t seems to be and this is influenced both internally (mental strength, decision making) and externally (position relative to his team mates, pressure from defenders).

Luckily for us the last two show the biggest rate of change as it is not limited to physical training but to experience and knowledge.

Slink has put it well.

Last edited:
His ability to strike a football is pretty good. That is technique, it is absolute, it is at a level at a certain point in time. It can change over time but as professionals it will be a slower rate of change than a 10 year old novice for example.

His consistent ability to execute his technique on the pitch is where the argument t seems to be and this is influenced both internally (mental strength, decision making) and externally (position relative to his team mates, pressure from defenders).

Luckily for us the last two show the biggest rate of change as it is not limited to physical training but to experience and knowledge.

Slink has put it well.

Fair enough. But would dead ball situations be the test of the raw skill which IMO he has demonstrated to be poor at. Which has then contributed to me forming the opinion. Happy to be told I'm incorrect

And yes slink has put it well.

View attachment 850

Certainly far from the finished article and like Sako can blow hot and cold, but these are impressive stats. Still to score a league goal though.

It's a bit small for me to read (and wanders offscreen when I try to make it bigger) but is that saying he's joint second in the division for assists? Very impressive if so.

Fantastic - for a young guy in his first season in a new country, he's doing really well.

I know I'm late to the party but I've just watched the goal cams from the last couple of games and Kuszczak's reactions are priceless. He's definitely endearing himself to me. Some good saves, too!

Im gobsmacked that he had so little suitors. He's an excellent keeper especially in this division. Hoping his forms carries on till the end of the season, then Jackett will have to give him a longer contract and then Ikeme will be hard pushed to get his shirt back.

Looked like he struggled with some crosses and the amount of bodies in the box near the end but he's proved a great signing

Bravo you.

Shall we get the Queen to give you the Bestest Ever Fan in the Whole Wide World Award?

Looked like he struggled with some crosses and the amount of bodies in the box near the end but he's proved a great signing

He struggled because he really shouldn't have been coming for them. I think he's been a great signing though and we have 2 decent keepers.

Unusual amount of criticism for a young player in a new country, who was signed on a free, and has been directly involved in 20% of our goals.

Not quite sure why people expect a championship level free transfer to be a complete winger at 23.

Back