• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff 0-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Great finish from Sako, great run from Afobe. Nice. Sounds like we got away with a bit of a bombardment from Cardiff at the end, Tuesday is massive now.

Because you called it the "grinding out the result Cardiff matchday thread" not the verdict thread. You even called it the same at the end of the actual matchday thread if you want to look.

If you want to get all pedantic, then you'll find it was the Pre Match thread xx

It was a completely unnecessary comment IMO. Just like those who tried to slag off Rajiv for his deflected cross vs Blackpool.

I disagree IMO. Says it all. He deserves credit mind for both DEFLECTED crosses but not ott nonsense as he's clearly so raw

I don't understand why the Cardiff player didn't take a touch first before getting it out there, the ball doesn't look like it's coming in that quickly!

I disagree IMO. Says it all. He deserves credit mind for both DEFLECTED crosses but not ott nonsense as he's clearly so raw

Where's this OTT nonsense coming from then? All I can see is people criticising a player who has made a valuable contribution this season.

Where's this OTT nonsense coming from then? All I can see is people criticising a player who has made a valuable contribution this season.

So by this no player can be criticised if they can do anything that contributes? So no one can be criticised?

Brilliant from Afobe, average from RVLP but in the right place, deflected and awesome finish from Sako
Can't tell on my phone whether or not Afobe is just as fortunate as RVLP, not sure if the ball ricocheted out wide or if he managed to prod it out there as the defender got him.
I don't understand why the Cardiff player didn't take a touch first before getting it out there, the ball doesn't look like it's coming in that quickly!
Think it's just a bit behind him as he comes running back so a little poke to change it's path is all he manage in the hope it wrong foots anyone running in.

So by this no player can be criticised if they can do anything that contributes? So no one can be criticised?

alexander-o-neal-o.gif

Look how your post reads mate.

How does that translate to 'no Wolves player can be criticised'? I haven't seen anybody praising Rajiv beyond his abilities this season, all I've seen is people knocking him unfairly. I agree with your earlier post about his football brain, he's inconsistent and tends to hesitate when he has a big decision to make but he's been a big player for us this season and it's madness to claim otherwise.

I don't rate RVLP whatsoever. That's my opinion. I love it when he proves otherwise

Now that is unfair. You don't rate him at all? He has no upside to his game? Completely useless?

Not at all. He's a player I don't like. When he does anything it's great because I don't expect it.

As for your other post it read to me that because he'd made a contribution he shouldn't be criticised.

Finally back home after leaving at 6.30am this morning to help my son with a move of final furniture & house clean for the sale completion on Monday. Really happy to see this result.

Sounds like a gritty rather than exciting performance, but good to see that we can do those as well as we will need that in the run in.

All to play for now - bring on Bournmouth (I have my ticket)

Not at all. He's a player I don't like. When he does anything it's great because I don't expect it.

As for your other post it read to me that because he'd made a contribution he shouldn't be criticised.

His contribution has been so great that I feel he's above the type of OTT criticism he's still getting. Strikes me as being very 'Keogh 08'. A judgement has been made and fans are sticking to it. He definitely doesn't deserve this 'shit technique', 'no end product' bollocks when he's proven those fans wrong on multiple occasions. He's not half as bad as you're making out, most managers in this division would kill for a player like Rajiv.

Tommy Rowe and Matt Doherty have made 'a contribution' this season but you wont find me pulling people up for slagging them off.

Consider that VLP has made a decent contribution to this season, but does frustrate at times.

You know he can put a great ball in & has done so on more than one occasion which have brought goals, but also often gets it totally wrong.

Has the pace to get past people, but often runs himself into a blind alley as well.

If he could perform to his best ability in a more consistent fashion then someone from the Premier league would have bid for him in Jan. He hasn't yet so they didn't. I had some worries when I first saw him that he wasn't interested in making the challenges he needed to & backed off rather than getting stuck in when needed - he is getting better at that & for me has been a positive signing this year

His contribution has been so great that I feel he's above the type of OTT criticism he's still getting. Strikes me as being very 'Keogh 08'. A judgement has been made and fans are sticking to it. He definitely doesn't deserve this 'shit technique', 'no end product' bollocks when he's proven those fans wrong on multiple occasions. He's not half as bad as you're making out, most managers in this division would kill for a player like Rajiv.

Tommy Rowe and Matt Doherty have made 'a contribution' this season but you wont find me pulling people up for slagging them off.

So great? I stopped reading. Sincerely.

Back