• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (A): Build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jota wants us to go 0-1 so bad

Jota has over hit a few through balls but been most likely to create

Dean makes a goal saving tackle on Bright only 6yrds out after Jota makes a quick break

He's been ok. Not as good as Douglas yet though.
His link up play with Jota has been outstanding, it was said slightly tongue in cheek in fairness but this lad is not back up now he's challenging for the spot.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Boly cocked up but then immediately chased the player and robbed the ball from behind, carried on as normal. Love him

trying to walk the ball into the net - 3 times in the area and could have shot rather than a difficult pass

Half time - Brentford slightly ahead on points though any decent attacks from us have come down the left with Jota & Vinagre

Not got a grip on midfield really - most of our opportunities have come from quick breaks rather than any build up

Bright sounds as if he was hampered by turning his ankle earlier in the half so Cav on for him makes sense

Really good 1st half of football from both sides. Both Jotas looking dangerous Bonatini looking much sharper and a few lovely touches and a wonderful Meg.

Brentford going closest to scoring but we have for the most part been the better side.

All our attacking play has come down the left and the partnership of Jota and Vinagre is working well no need to rush Douglas back on this viewing.

I still think we will win this need to see more down our right with Doc and Bright 2nd half.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Very even game imo, both teams have had periods of dominance and have created some nice chances (even if very few on target). The two Jotas have been the standout players too, and both teams have knocked the ball around nicely. Enjoyable to watch regardless of which side you support.

Not sure if it's the knock he's carrying but Bright hasn't been great, and Doherty has been noticeably poor I think, especially compared to Vinagre on the left. Frustrating that Marshall isn't fit enough yet to take a spot on the bench and give us another option there, because our right flank isn't working as a whole and we can't really change anything bar bring on Cavaleiro and shift our Jota right. Saiss is having one of his hot and cold games too. And why is he on free kicks!

Yep Vinagre looks great. A well drilled kid fnarr.

Pretty even game for me. Both teams had a couple of good chances.

Jota needs to pull the trigger more often, and Neves needs to wake up a bit and start playing his game.

How nice it is to see two teams trying to play football though.

Boly cocked up but then immediately chased the player and robbed the ball from behind, carried on as normal. Love him

Did you love Stearman for the same reasons?

I'm not convinced by 3-4-3 at all. The midfield looks overrun as the full backs are playing as full backs not midfielders and Bonatini is isolated up front. It means we're having to play lots of football just outside our own box as teams have worked out they can high-press us.

I just don't think this formation brings the best out of the players we have. 4231 for me

Cav out ready to play so assume that Bright is off - did seem hampered after the injury

I'm not convinced by 3-4-3 at all. The midfield looks overrun as the full backs are playing as full backs not midfielders and Bonatini is isolated up front. It means we're having to play lots of football just outside our own box as teams have worked out they can high-press us.

I just don't think this formation brings the best out of the players we have. 4231 for me

3 - 4 -3 will work if we have the right wing/full backs - is OK on the left, but Doherty needs to be upgraded on on the right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back