• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 5-3 Wolves:Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

The start of the end as far as the decision to remove the manager goes. You can't turn up to a place where you can actually compete for points and defend that badly. Individual errors on top of poor organisation equals bad, bad news. Then on top of that the away fans are chanting against you, it will make Shi take notice.

Even when we had lots of the ball in the second half today we never looked particularly threatening or created many chances. You could say we're still scoring goals but the opposite end of the pitch is an absolute bin fire.

Man City next and then Brighton away which both look like losses the way we are playing. I doubt there'll be time to even get to the nice run of fixtures after that as we'll be adrift at the bottom.

Last edited:
Fully expected some top shilling from the OP on how it’s not GON’s fault.

If he had any sense of self he'd resign after that complete shit show. Score three away from home and still manage to lose.

No organisation, no ability to adapt, no ability to change a game once it's started. Basically no fucking clue.

We've also managed to spend £10 million on a keeper worse than the old one (who is somehow still here making it even more pointless) and left other crucial parts of the squad threadbare.

Fucking shambles on and off the pitch.

Score three goals away from home but never in the game as we are so badly organised. In keeping with the players I can’t be be bothered with any ratings. The only thing that matters is that GO is not around to inflict more misery on us after the international break.

The start of the end as far as the decision to remove the manager goes. You can't turn up to a place where you can actually compete for points and defend that badly. Individual errors on top of poor organisation equals bad, bad news. Then on top of that the away fans are cheating against you, it will make Shi take notice.

Even when we had lots of the ball in the second half today we never looked particularly threatening or created many chances. You could say we're still scoring goals but the opposite end of the pitch is an absolute bin fire.

Man City next and then Brighton away which both look like losses the way we are playing. I doubt there'll be time to even get to the nice run of fixtures after that as we'll be adrift at the bottom.
In fairness, the sad reality might be that this is only the ‘start of the end’, staggering or laughable as that might be.

Of course, it absolutely should be the end of the end, if we are driven to remain in the division. I think that’s a big ‘if’ though.

Regardless, it’s absolutely awful isn’t it? What a shambles. Who thinks we’re not a rabble now eh?

How many times. You cannot defend like that. You cannot keep giving away free headers FFS. How many is that this season already, 4, 5? It's the start of fucking October.

You've got a goalkeeper diving out of the way of shots then the abysmal double whammy of kick/"save" that is their 5th (FIFTH) goal. And yet he STILL kept the score down. And you can't really bring back the guy you dropped because a) he's also a fucking idiot and b) clearly he is nowhere near mentally right after he got chucked.

A midfield that seemingly has no instruction. Just go out and play. Don't bother tracking runs or stopping anything. Containing a captain who is in atrocious personal form and shouldn't be playing, but he is.

Random subs that do nothing and make no sense. Including Gonçalo "Gaslight" Guedes.

Having your new shiny winger have a blinder first 20 minutes then never pass the ball to him again.

Are we learning lessons, no, are we getting better, no, are we ever going to win any games against anyone defending like that, no. 21 goals conceded in 7 games. 1 point in 7 games. I don't even need to go back to last season's end to demonstrate how awful that is. But all the signs were there, people just wilfully ignored them. Including our esteemed CEO.

I don't think we'll make the change now. We'll wait until we lose some more games. Which is just lovely.

Shocking defensively. How, as a coach, you go through that Chelsea second half and allow it to happen again for 90 minutes today is beyond me. I don't think they'll sack him prior to Man City but I do think he'll be gone after that match if we defend like we did today. Defend even half decently and you get a point out of that at least.

Pluses - decent from Forbs and yes, Johnstone. He at least saved an avalanche.
OK - Ait-Nouri, Larsen.
Utter shite from the rest.

Change is coming. It simply has to.

If he had any sense of self he'd resign after that complete shit show. Score three away from home and still manage to lose.

No organisation, no ability to adapt, no ability to change a game once it's started. Basically no fucking clue.

We've also managed to spend £10 million on a keeper worse than the old one (who is somehow still here making it even more pointless) and left other crucial parts of the squad threadbare.

Fucking shambles on and off the pitch.
In terms of his future career resigning and blaming the owners for not bringing in proper replacements for Neto and Kilman might not be a bad idea. Reality is he’s not walking away from the new contract he was bafflingly given in the summer.

Back