• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blues (H) Build-Up & Match Thread 24/2/17

If Ronan's injury is as a bad as suspected then I would think MGW will simply slot in.

How long until Ivan is back?

A head's up for those at the match - there will be no alcohol sales after kick off time at the request of WMP

Not an issue for me as don't tend to drink at the ground (though have been known to elsewhere before & after)

Probably wise given the potential for aggravation

If Ronan's injury is as a bad as suspected then I would think MGW will simply slot in.

How long until Ivan is back?
We got a vague estimate when he was injured so who knows. The way we have generally announced injury details this season don't be shocked if we don't see him again this season.

I suppose with Ronan out, Bright will definitely start at 10. There was talk a while back of Evans being pushed forward to 10, maybe a possibility?

The worry with Ronan and Cav being out is we are low on options on the left. Weimann, Anfield aside has failed to impress, but will now be a pretty much guaranteed starter out there increasing the chances of Edwards at 10. Against Liverpool and Chelsea he only really nominally played there as we packed the midfield. We know he's very limited in that position when you are looking to take the game to the opposition, but I have a horrible feeling we'll be seeing him there quite often between now and the end of the season.

I'm not really a Bright fan either, despite looking like he might do something the reality is 0 goals and (I think) 0 assists from him so far, hopefully he gets a run and proves me wrong.

Just setting off now, really hoping for a good atmosphere and all three points.

Which watering hole will we see you in?

Safe travels Rob...Let me know how things are going and I'll let you know where to meet us when you land

Absolutely no point in bringing Ronan back this season. Let him make a full recovery: he's 18 - let him grow up and get stronger and come back in August. Front four of Costa, Ronan, Cav and a striker who knows how to score should do it...

I'm guessing we'll see Costa, Weimann, Bright and Bod as the front 4 with Price and Edwards behind them. I just hope we can find a way to look more threatening

Hope you have a good journey mate - I'll no doubt head to the Western to start with when I get to Wolverhampton. Looking forward to catching up with folks.

I will see you in the Western this afternoon Ian. It has been too long without a game. Should be there by 3.30. I want to catch up with a mate who I haven't seen in AGES and then I can go with the flow with everyone else. Really looking forward to seeing Wolf Hunting and DDW as well - it must be three years since we last shared a round.

Sound Pad - I'll probably get there nearer 4 but I'll see you in there.

A head's up for those at the match - there will be no alcohol sales after kick off time at the request of WMP
It'll just mean the folk who watch the match on the TV in the South Bank will have to stock up beforehand to get them through the game.

I will see you in the Western this afternoon Ian. It has been too long without a game. Should be there by 3.30. I want to catch up with a mate who I haven't seen in AGES and then I can go with the flow with everyone else. Really looking forward to seeing Wolf Hunting and DDW as well - it must be three years since we last shared a round.

1530 I don't think I'd be in any fit state to remember any of the game if I started at that time.

I always used to get sent to get the seats in the Western at opening time for a Saturday 3pm back in the day. Would tend to see Leeds in there from the moment the door opened. So, years of practice I guess!

The very worst one used to be coming up on the train from London for a game. I would get the 8 am from Tring to Milton Keynes and hook up with the Virgin express for Wolvo and drunk Barry would already be about 4 cans of stella down. How he ever remembered a game I will NEVER know.

Not sure when to start today, due in 5:30 but got a few cans for the journey.

Wilson in the U23s team, so not in the squad. No Williamson, Iorfa or MGW in u23s though.

Nouha must be fit to play (bench)

Back