• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blues (H) Build-Up & Match Thread 24/2/17

I will get my Gued shirt, might be useful tonight

Fuck me, that is a fucking dreadful central midfield. Defence isn't much better either.

I'm not keen on Hause but he's put in several good performances in the cup and deserves a run of games.

Love watching a midfield trio with such limited ability to break down a defence, I expect a lot of long ball tonight.

Midfield creativity of a fucking hamster again. I expect a dour 1-0, could go either way. We might nick an Edwards header from a set piece or a Costa special but that's it. Hause should be playing, end of.

I look at a side like we've picked tonight, and if we are going to have a serious crack at the top 6 next season we need to upgrade on probably 8 of those players. Busy summer ahead.

Damn, dont find the shirt.. Lets hope we win anyway

The lack of a creative midfielder is killing us, if Birmingham sit back and hit us on the break we are screwed. This is the kind of game where Edwards has to be dropped, he will create nothing and in a game with a packed defence is unlikely to lose his man and arrive late.

Edwards to score the winner then.....

We have to pray that Costa can create something because other than that it is fucking grim viewing. Sick of this. Every fucking manager.

According to the sky pundits we lose at home due to the "pressure from the home fans". So nothing to do with having the creativity of a brick and being setup to only counterattack.

12 months on and it's the same crap served up. You'd have thought somebody would have cottoned on by now wouldn't you?

Jackett, Zenga or Lambert it doesn't matter, dross like Saville and Coady still get a game.

Apparently Dave is our key man as "everything goes through him". Even for Wolves Birmingham this could be ugly.

Edwards is the king pin, our creative player that everything goes through and Costa scores whether he plays up top, off the front man or on the wing.

We're a long ball team playing 442, that's basically what it is with Edwards in as a second striker. So that's the best selection for those tactics.

In a game where we are under the cosh I understand picking Saville along Price, but in a game at home where we are meant to be on the front foot it makes zero sense. If Brum double up on Costa we have nothing at all, I had hoped for Bright in the no 10 role.

Weimann will have to be a lot more attack minded and maybe a miracle goal from Bod or Dicko.

I predict 1-0 to us in an abomination of a game....the goal coming from Costa.

That bench bar the keeper is better than the players playing

Anyone still thunk Thelwall doesn't have influence over the match day squad?

Back