• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Home of the most expensive round of the day I believe (amazing considering we had some over priced drinks in the Lowry as well)

Home the most expensive round of the day I believe (amazing considering we had some over priced drinks in the Lowry as well)

That wasn't too bad in the circumstances, I was expecting to pay more for that one.

The Brit is one of those pubs that hasn't changed at all in 20 years (probably longer) but in a good way, not a Moon Under Water way.

The Square & Compass is superb. Absolutely unbelievable view from the beer garden.

Arrived already! Can't really argue for £19, two glasses too.

The flavourly own beer is Badco.
63754185470660d90ef8c1ef34537054.jpg

What are your opinions so far? I had Blue Monday and Endless River last night. Neither were that impressive...
But decent value at less that £1 a can and the glasses and pitta chips as an extra!

Been to two of those pubs on the 50 best pubs list! - The Sloop in Portgain and Port Street in Manchester!

Same! Just the Sloop and Port Street. Not quite sure why I've not made it to The Barton Arms as yet...

The Barton Arms is excellent - do they still have the Thai restaurant there?

Port St Beer House is also superb. I'm overdue a visit there.

Same! Just the Sloop and Port Street. Not quite sure why I've not made it to The Barton Arms as yet...

I am also surprised I've never been there!
Used to love the Sloop but not been there for a few years...

I am also surprised I've never been there!
Used to love the Sloop but not been there for a few years...

Only been to the Sloop on one weekend, we were staying nearby. Didn't think for a minute it would be the same one until I checked it on Google maps! Was a long time ago though. Pre-kids so maybe 2010ish??

Only been to the Sloop on one weekend, we were staying nearby. Didn't think for a minute it would be the same one until I checked it on Google maps! Was a long time ago though. Pre-kids so maybe 2010ish??

Last time I went would have been around 2005! I dated a girl from Haverfordwest when I was at uni and she moved to Wolves after we graduated...

Also that brewery will be worth checking out! Got excited when I saw New Invention but it's not in New Invention... could have walked there from my folks! Also random thought - what an odd name for a place "New Invention"

Port St Beer House is also superb. I'm overdue a visit there.
Went recently on the day we played Man Utd. Northern Monk have opened up nearby so definitely worth a visit.

Popped into Northern Monk after IndyMan this year - I was pretty far gone by then and it was mega busy, but it seemed really good! Mango Lassi IPA on tap..... :dribble:

Tempted by an afternoon over that way to try out a few, especially as the train from Worcester goes direct to Bournville!

Good luck finding a pub in Bournville :icon_lol:

All those places listed above are walking distance from Bournville station.

Back