• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Had a good day in the Northern Quarter yesterday with the wife and frequented the Port Street Beer House. Just a hipster wanker place with very expensive beer.

The beers we did have were good but the place is bland.

Had a good day in the Northern Quarter yesterday with the wife and frequented the Port Street Beer House. Just a hipster wanker place with very expensive beer.

The beers we did have were good but the place is bland.
Why, oh why didn't you go to the newly opened Refectory?

As for cucumber in beers, horrible.

Went to Digbrew and Kilder last night. Both really good. I hadn't been before.

Digbrew in particular reminded me loads of the breweries in Bermondsey.

Is Kilder the one under the arches that's like an extension of OPM?
Yeah. It's a brilliant setup as you order food from OPM and then pop next door for your drinks.

I didn't know it was there. If I had I would've as we went to the Whisky Jar which is only 3 doors away. Had a very good Earl Grey IPA from marble beers in there.

This

Although, the cucumber pale that Thornbridge make is pretty nice.

This

Although, the cucumber pale that Thornbridge make is pretty nice.
Is that the aptly named Wye? As a beer it's good, but I've tried a few cucumber beers and every one without exception has tasted awful.

Is that the aptly named Wye? As a beer it's good, but I've tried a few cucumber beers and every one without exception has tasted awful.
Yeah, that's the one. Not sure if it was a one-off as I've not seen it for ages. Tzatziki Sour by Mad Hatter was a bonkers beer that kinda worked pretty well too.

Yeah, that's the one. Not sure if it was a one-off as I've not seen it for ages. Tzatziki Sour by Mad Hatter was a bonkers beer that kinda worked pretty well too.
Tzatziki Sour does work, but the mint and yoghurt additions take over as the beer doesn't really taste of cucumber. So sad that Mad Hatter is no more.

It's certainly more interesting than that beer Elbow released a while back....

In the proper beer world;

We’re hosting the Barbarian Hermit album launch at NORTHERN MONK REFECTORY // MCR this Friday [emoji450]

To commemorate the launch, we’ve brewed Patrons Project 14.03 Solitude and Savagery, which takes its name from the band's debut album. This 6.66% black rye IPA contains a multigrain base layer, and we’ve minimised the dark roast flavours to make it as soft and juicy as possible. Pouring exclusively at the album launch - a Dark City 2018 fringe event.

Quick little top up at the local off license.

- Beavertown X Firestone Walker - clinging to summer IPA
- Arbor Summit IPA
- Arbor Yakima Valley IPA
- Collective Arts - Ransack the Universe
- Collective Arts - Life in the Clouds IPA
- Loose Cannon - Abingdon Bridge

He was selling cans of Cloudwater for £2 each as their date goes out at the end of this week, but I’ve still got a few in the fridge so left it.

Back