• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

But yeah, a bit thin on the ground for old school boozers, obviously!

Love & Liquor is a terrible name :icon_lol:

It really is.

Naturally our local FB group (literally the most paranoid people on earth, they are convinced Bilbrook/Codsall is like 1970s New York, it is in fact possibly the safest place in the world. I have actually left my door unlocked for days at a time, accidentally of course) now think it is a lap dancing bar. Yeah, we have a massive calling for that round here, that is exactly where I would put one.

Annoyingly what used to be the Grange is still a derelict shell. Annoying as it's two minutes walk from my house. Someone could make something of that place but whoever owns the building seems happy to let it just rot. Been empty now for ages, definitely ever since I lived here which is 7 years next month.

Just got back from the Western, where they are having their annual Beer Festival around armistice day as per usual. Loads of beers on (not that I tried any as I was doing my usual pint of lager and read of my book) so the selection looks excellent for those that are that way inclined. However, absolutely heaving with Camra beer snob wankers. Did my head in.

By the way Pad - the Woodman is going back to the old menu (I think anyway). All part of the refurb.

I'll take you and the missus there this side of Christmas.

That would be great fucking news. I really liked the old menu but when we went last time it was fucking abominable with the new "menu" (about two choices of steak and not a lot fucking else). If they put it back pretty much like it was, it is a great place for very reasonably priced scran.

It's going back to Flaming Grill (I think that's what it was before?). So I assume the change didn't work.

It's been shut now for a fortnight or so, reopening on Thursday next week. Again, it's got to be a decade since any work was done on it, at least, so overdue.

Flaming Grill was when the menu was good stuff. Whatever it changed to was truly, truly awful. We had a ghastly meal there last time. So really glad to hear that is being changed back.

Safe, we'll sort something out.

I don't really use it very much - if I want to go for a pint, I'll generally go to the Crown - but I'll take a look to see what they've done with the bar.

It really is.

Naturally our local FB group (literally the most paranoid people on earth, they are convinced Bilbrook/Codsall is like 1970s New York, it is in fact possibly the safest place in the world. I have actually left my door unlocked for days at a time, accidentally of course) now think it is a lap dancing bar. Yeah, we have a massive calling for that round here, that is exactly where I would put one.
I’m a member of that group and the lap dancing posts made me laugh. Couldn’t find much info out about the new pub. Someone did mention a micro brewery, but doubtful with a name like that.

Just had a Cucumelon Sour (cucumber & lemon beer) by Adnams. It was revolting.

Sounds it! I like sours but don't think I fancy that one...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

They're available in Sainsburys if you fancy testing one for yourself. Absolutely horrific! Opened a Cloudwater to wash the taste away...

They're available in Sainsburys if you fancy testing one for yourself. Absolutely horrific! Opened a Cloudwater to wash the taste away...
Tbh I can't stand cucumbers and that cucumber fizzy drink (Fanta I think) is rank

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Just had a Cucumelon Sour (cucumber & lemon beer) by Adnams. It was revolting.
Had it last night. It was rubbish. I wouldn't have minded if it had tasted like its name, but it was just watery pish.

Back